Getting bike racks installed.

Thanks for this. I’ll look at more in depth and hopefully use some of it.

That sounds great, BUT Rundle Mall is quite a walk from Rundle Street (particulary East Rundle Street) where majority of the pubs etc are located.

Currently Rundle Mall has a quite a few bike racks, but once it hits about 9pm (especially on weekends), I wouldn’t feel safe locking a bike in the Mall. It’s a “ghost town” with drunken idiots going between Rundle Street and Hindley Street.

There’s a few places where the footpath widens to almost double the width on Rundle Street that are prime for bike racks, but alas nothing is there. Also, they removed two or three racks out the front of the Nova Cinema and replaced it with some ugly-arse sculpture that serves NO purpose.

I’m going to hit up BNA and Adelaide Cyclists and try and get something happening there too.

Hey check this out: Picture Adelaide

I got a ‘postcard’ from the council that is encouraging us to post ideas using their iPhone app and online through that link. This has Mayor Yarwood written all over it. He’s a progressive young mayor that trundles around on his bike so I’m sure that’ll influence the future development of the city.

An old saying I like which is often true: “the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil”. So let’s make plenty of noise!

Hey check this out: Picture Adelaide

I got a ‘postcard’ from the council that is encouraging us to post ideas using their iPhone app and online through that link. This has Mayor Yarwood written all over it. He’s a progressive young mayor that trundles around on his bike so I’m sure that’ll influence the future development of the city.

An old saying I like which is often true: “the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil”. So let’s make plenty of noise!