Ghettodrome. Interest/Thoughts.

Sorry to be a bit of a downer, but I wont be going… Its a cool idea, but it’ll end in tears having a bunch of people with different fitness and skill levels, and on different bikes, all on the track together. All you need is 1 person on a braked bike to have a dab of the brakes and all the other brakeless people behind have nowhere to go. This is why brakes are banned on the track.
You’ll also find people will tend drop down the bank (instead of ride up the bank) to avoid slower riders which then increases their speed, and increases chances of clipping wheels and causing crashes.

Seriously… if you want to try the track, do a propper session with a coach so you know what to do in an emergency.

That’s why I think sprints in a straight line would be a better idea. Alleycat that can end somewhere with a long straight for a sprint comp after.

Couldn’t you just have do say head to head or whatever and start from opposite sides to avoid that issue. Keeps the races short to avoid any chance of catching the other rider?
I see the problems associated but any chance at all of a fixie event/get together on the coast I am pretty much always gonna be all for.
Only ever seen a couple of other bikes around the place and dont know anyoe else who rides them apart from a mate I rode with who just moved to Switzerland.

same in the mountains…i have seen 1 other dude and gave him the do a skid call…got nothing. have been learning to climb hills fixed though.

there have been heaps of sprint races… bangas and the one under the anzac bridge are two i can think of… Lewis and i had toyed with the idea about running a race through the middle of the park that divides south dowling st and moore park rd. there are some epic paths that are only just wide enough for a very tight race… the perfect criterium on the track bikes.
it would be a Ghetto BLAST of a time!

im down. never riden in a velodrome before tho