Going to the dark side, from paint to completion.

Frame and fork together at last.

So now i’ve got everything to put it together and get rolling… Well except for the slight problem of being sent the wrong length spokes…
On the table

Doesn’t always translate into what it should

So i emailed the spoke suplier and they’ve agreed they were wron in seding me the spokes the did even after i asked for a specific length. So the new ones are on their way.
Everything layed out ready for the build.

looking forward to the end result. it will look fkn mean.

You got the wheels re-laced yet Marty?

how come risers and not drop bars?

Spokes rocked up Thursday arv and took it out for its first spin yesterday. Bloody awesome. Makes me ride completely different to how what i do on the Yeti. Really gotta work through the arms and anticipate bumps, rocks and roots ect. Heading for a ride out at Daisy sarv so that should be good as I haven’t been out there before. Had a few people curious as to why you’d ride rigid and SS but it’s just like riding a massive BMX. Might have to put a smaller cog on the back and take it to a track.
Pics:

After getting smacked in the tackle going down a steep section yesterday arv I’ve thrown the dropper post of for today’s ride so see how it goes. Think I’m gonna need to buy another dropper.

HOLY SHIT THIS THING LOOKS SO MEAN! Love it. Awesome job man.

I will be out in Daisy this afternoon, may see you.

Can’t tell if serious??? It’s a MTB not a monster crosser.

Nice, I’ll keep an eye out for ya. You might hear me coming, the Hope hubs are stupid loud in Trials version.

Daisy is a good place for Ss. I used 32/18 on my GT.

Haha, i’ll be spinning my ass off. 32/20!

r a d

That looks mean! Paint work looks awesome. Reacon you should get some pro shots done (or at least with a decent DSLR)

Yeah, that’s Gap Creek gearing. Our hills are little on the Southside.
There are maps at the top carpark, if that’s where you started.
I just got back.

Had a great time at Daisy. Taller gearing would have been good for some of the sections where it was only a slight downhill (most of it) though. Arms are feeling it today but that’ll improve every time i go out and i rekon will make long DH runs on the Yeti a bit easier next time i get that out.
Putting the dropper post on was a bloody good idea, it felt BMXy before but now with the saddle fully dropped it’s a weapon on the down hill sections. Really lets you throw your weight around and get the thing moving about. Only problem is now i need another dropper.

No I need another dropper

looks fkn awesome!

Loved every bit of this thread

What did you use for the masking decals?

Theres a guy in brisbane with almost all the major companies brands on file.
He is a sticker/sign writer that does all the work for paint my bike.

love it

daisy hill, gap creek… memories…