Golden Greek Alleycat?

I agree…there’s nothing wrong with a bit of exclusivity…I am not a messenger and know nothing of messenger culture, but will defend their right to it…If I want to run a race for one armed celebs and only Jack Newton and the drummer from Def Leppard turn up, so be it…it’s my choice.

I think that non-messenger fixed riders just get frustrated because when you are stuck in the office all day and you see the messengers out working it just makes you want to ride. Then when there is an event organised, and your not at work and again you can’t ride, you get pissed off cause you just want to ride.

Messenger/non-messenger everyone here just wants to ride their bike, preferably with other people who also like their fixed bikes best.

I’m not in Melbourne but there is nothing stopping those who fly a desk for a living instead of riding a bike, from organising a parallel ride when the alley cat is on, who knows, you may even cross paths for a beer after.

red herring, you are, roguey[/quote]

This is the red herring:

Dimos’ race was sure to get the peanut gallery started…

If the couriers make you want to get out and ride - ditch your high paying corporate jobs, get off the fucking internet and ride. Don’t sit behind a desk whining about how you get left out all the time, because the decision is there to ride if you really want.

Whinge, whinge, fucking whinge.

You just concentrate on that mo.

You just concentrate on that mo.[/quote]

By all counts he concentrated a little too much on that mo’ last night and it’s looking a littlethreadbare…

Who of you pricks has a ‘high paying corporate’ job??? Stop ruining it for the rest of us! :wink:

Dan, you sound more and more like a stressed out small business owner than ever, perhaps you need to get out and ride more.

You should be happy that I sit in my ivory tower and plan what to buy next.

actually, if you go back and count through the thread, there are maybe one, or possibly two people who disagree with a courier-only alley cat.

i don’t really want to argue with you, because i admire you and your gumption on doing what you love, but your attempts at a class separation argument is bollocks and off-topic. we’re all connected here because we ride bikes, not for any other reason. i don’t think its fair to pidgeon hole everybody like that, as easy and potentially fulfilling as it is for yourself. i’m not standing up for 9-5’ers, couriers, punks or marxists.

unified passion for something crosses all boundaries, and it would be nice if that maxim could be upheld instead of having cat fights brew over spilt milk.

i started this thread to find out who that cheeky mug dimos was, offering such a good prize for messengers only. the race is what it is, share your opinion, or not.

so, get back to your excel spreadsheets, leafletting, chain tensioning, sweeping, squatting or whatever the fuck it is that you do, so we can be here tomorrow to discuss horizontal drops, chain inches, cranks and skids.

n