Good buy, yes or no?

ovecourse it measures the performane of a tyre. better tyres can withstand more damage and dont puncture as often. worse tyres dont. I know sometimes its just unlucky, and theres nothing you can do about it, but if your getting a lot within a short period of time, then it most likely has something to do with the make of the tyre.

Or it could have something to do with broken glass on the road, and the uneven spatial distribution of said glass

I tend to agree. Isn’t the performance of a race tyre based on rolling resistance and grip? Everyone knows a race tyre will have marginal puncture resistance. I imagine Veloflex Records would be no better.

Saying that a light Vittoria Evo or Veloflex Record tyre punctures easily kind of goes without saying (regardless of the TPI marketing wank)

In my experience the Vittoria Evo Pave sits nicely in between performance and durability (it still punctures though)

Im not questioning the performance of the tyre. Its hands down the fastest thing i’ve ridden on the track. I can’t however afford to go through a tyre a month at $75 each.

Conclusion: If you want the fastest tyre money can buy then get Vittoria Pista Evos. But if your not fond of replacing them and are willing to sacrifice some speed then look elsewhere.

Amen. I ride through Frankston a couple of mornings a week, a place where glass on the road is in uncommonly high concentration, esp early on Sat mornings. Every tyre succumbs to “Frankston Diamonds”.

I run these on my roadie haha bargain $30 from my local.
My old boy has put about 5000k on a set.

fixed that for you

i saw some guy get a puncture in Le Tour the other night. he must have really shit tyres.

I cant win this argument haha.

it’s not that you can’t win. it’s that you are wrong. that’s ok. i’m wrong sometimes too.

okay.
so your running a set of tyres over about a month. your riding regularly, your doing 4 rides a week, your riding a fairly easy 60-70K a day through small country roads that arent home to any smashed up bottles or other sharp objects, so such a thing is very rare. Your tyre presure is well below the maximum, but still enough to be comfortable. Your tyres are on properly, you went to a lot of effort not to pinch the tube when putting them on, your tubes are the right size, your spokes are fine, your rim tapes good. Yet, your getting a puncture nearly every second day. Surely that cant just be bad luck. Everything is set up 100%.There must be an issue with the tyre.

I don’t understand the hate for this tire.
at $35 it’s not only the cheapest 700c tire I’ve ever purchased, but one of only 4 actual tires I’ve ever purchased. 2 terrible fyxations, a maxxis refuse (skidded to death in a month, which was ok), and the detonator.
Why no love? I thought it was fast, and it’s still kicking on my brothers fixed gear.

heavy wheels, tires well below maximum, bad seat angle, rocks on the ground, rimtape might not be ok cos you’re not some pro bike mechanic who knows what time it is, and you were drunk all the time

Where is the hole in your tube is it the same place each time?
Inside / outside of the tube?
Bad rim tape, filing’s in rim, nick in rim.
could be a million things first Q’ should answer it.

Actually i run re-fuse Brain fart.

the hole is in a different place each time.
as I said, the rim tape and the rim are perfect.
Everything is perfect. yet it happens about every second day.

I’ve toured some big km’s on alot of country roads. Theres alot of shit on the roads no matter where you go, believe me on that one. We understand your experience with them was bad, but your still not understanding the notion of tyre ‘performance’ in the context of what was originally being questioned.

capiche?

Also, your sample size is 1. One. Your result of one tyre having frequent punctures (with no comparison data from other tyres on the same wheels/rider/roads) means nothing. That’s like me saying that I’ve been riding a tyre in all conditions for a year and it hasn’t flatted, so they’re the best tyres ever.

Even if you’re riding on clean roads with properly inflated tyres on defect free rims, your individual tyre could always be defective and not representative of the tyre in general. It does happen.

But I can see where you’re coming from. If anyone of us bought a tyre and this consistantly happened, we would obviously review the tyre as being ‘shit’. But Blakey is right in that one personal experience is not statisically significant enough to label all of those tyres ‘shit’.

But we are all guilty of having a bad experience with a product and then having a negative opinion of that product forever more…

Like detonators. They’re shit. Although there are apparently 2 people in the world that think otherwise.

I had a bad initial experience with the hyper randos: destroyed a tyre on my 2nd ride with it, like massive sidewall blowout. Decided to give it another try and I’ve been happy with them for the last year and however many thousand k’s. So it only goes to show, you guys.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, did you buy these markee mark??