handlebars

do you need to ask that question? :evil:

:smiley: ouch.

Got it back.

When I say as short as possible I don’t mean stupidly so. They are still 54cm across (with a tape measure, not actual width)

I will be honest and say it’s because they look ridiculous as long as they are, let alone with the ~6cm that was cut off. And being bike illiterate like I am, I can’t find any reason for them to be any longer. Even cut as they are now, they are still ~12cm wider than my (stock) bullhorns were.

I’ll probably keep an eye out for a brake lever that can fit on the rise so I can chop them down a little further at some stage. It seems unnecessary for my little bicycle to have the wingspan of a 747.

we was expecting them so short that you actually cut the riser’ed bit off :evil:
they’re wider than mine. good to see you didnt go the ridiculous hipster route, and yeah, you could cut a bit more off if you wanted. mine are around 46 or something

Yeah 46cm would be a nice width. Here’s how mine look at the moment:

btw, thanks again for everyone’s advice. I’ve just added my bike to the ‘post your ride’ section: http://fixed.org.au/forums/index.php/topic,9978.0.html