Hipster rides fixie up Galibier with emotive music, video

lol - typical teetotaler angst

That last Darkspace song is awesome by the way.

Only because of the blast beat. Gets me every time.

ftfy.

Much prefer videos of people going down hills. Like this guy getting rad on a cx bike

[video=vimeo;11695455]http://vimeo.com/11695455[/video]

If he doesn’t descend it I consider him less of a man.

this inspires me to join team mash and ride one of these bikes up a hill and film it

i heard these bikes dont have brakes and give you a zen connection with your surroundings can anyone confirm?

also there are rumours these guys race the zen bikes with no brakes around the city and you win an ace of spades card to put in your wheel if you are the best, again can anyone confirm?

gears r 4 queers

At least in the second one the guy looks like he’s shitting himself on the descent

I think it’s the music which kills all these videos for me- blame rapha I guess.

Bikesnobnyc has already weighed in on this guy and his vids:

Bike Snob NYC: Bombs Away! Sweet Surrender (about halfway down the post)

Bike Snob NYC: Them’s The Rules: Monocle of Reality, Mastering Your Domain (end of the post)

What is this road doing here? Is the mountain my friend or my enemy? Is my dick broken, or just numb?

How to tell.

It’s that SMP saddle of yours.

wtf hmc?

I think that what he does is cool,
but for sure he says a bit o bullshit regarding the zen the earth and bla bla…
said that.

haters gonna hate forever

I think every one of us here rides the fixie,
Some just have a shallower connection to it than others.

Me I’m like the guy on avatar, I plug my hair into the bike, clip my pedals in and we are but one being.

That my freinds is riding zen.

+1

I like how cringeworthy it gets
but really we are only cringing at ourselves
because we know his ironic self narrative is created as a parody on the concept of fixie/hipster/elite

the sound effect on the skidding is cool on the first video…

and a little jealy cause it would be a awesome ride to do.

when was the last time any of you d-bags actually made a bike film worth watching??.. never?

every time I ride I am creating a movie in my mind. the sounds, the smells, the people I pass by on the street, these memories are forever saved in the movie reel that only I can see. this intimate archive only further enhances my connection with the road, with my bike, with nature and the earth. riding a fixed gear bike strips everything back to the bare essentials, for in life there is only one take, and capturing it in all it’s beauty is all that matters when I ride…

also, lemontimes made a cool sandwich video.

i’m gonna post the only video i have of rolly when i get home.

hahaha shiiiiiiiiiiit.