Holy freaking shizzle! Pavement have reunited...!

And they’re touring Australia next year!

After years of speculation, the most important American band of the Nineties is returning to the stage with the lineup of Mark Ibold, Scott “Spiral Stairs” Kannberg, Stephen Malkmus, Bob Nastanovich and Steve West reuniting for dates around the world in 2010. Please be advised this tour is not a prelude to additional jaunts and/or a permanent reunion.

Described in their own Wikipedia entry as having experienced “moderate commercial success,” Pavement’s catalog for the Matador, Domino, Drag City and Treble Kicker imprints has come to define in the eyes of many the blueprint for independent rock over the past generation.

Tour Dates:

AUSTRALIA 2010
Presented by Handsome Tours, triple j, Street Press Australia and Rip It Up
Tickets on sale 9:00 a.m. Friday, October 23

SYDNEY - Thursday, March 4 - Enmore Theatre
Tickets available from Ticketek or 132 849, The Enmore Theatre Box Office or (02) 9550 3666

VICTORIA - Saturday, March 6 - Golden Plains
Go to goldenplains.com.au for more info

ADELAIDE - Sunday, March 7 - Thebarton Theatre
Tickets available from: Venuetix or (08) 8225 8888

PERTH - Monday, March 8 - Metro City
Tickets available from: Tickets from Megatix or 1300 634 284

BRISBANE - Wednesday, March 10 - The Tivoli
Tickets available from: Ticketek or 132 849, Rocking Horse Records ph: (07) 3229 5360

MELBOURNE - Friday, March 12 - The Palace
Tickets available from: Ticketek or 132 849, www.oztix.com.au or 1300 762 545, Greville Records, Polyester Records (City & Fitzroy stores), The Espy Hotel and The National Hotel (Geelong)

I am so fucking excited. I never got see Pavement live.

EDIT: Tickets go on sale for all the shows on the 23rd of October (except for the Golden Plains tickets).

Oh yeah, the Pixies are also coming back and doing the ‘Doolittle’ album as a tour…

The tour is part of the 20th Anniversary celebration of their seminal 1989 album Doolittle, which included some of the band’s biggest commercial hits, including Monkey Gone To Heaven, Here Comes Your Man and Debaser. The shows will see Pixies play all 15 tracks from the album and any related B-sides.

Tour dates:

Sunday March 14 – Sydney, Hordern Pavilion
Thursday March 18 – Brisbane, Convention Centre
Saturday March 20 – Melbourne, Festival Hall
Wednesday March 24 – Adelaide, Thebarton Theatre
Saturday March 27 – Perth, Belvoir Amphitheatre

meh to both.

jessica hopper: “nostalgia is a cultural cul-de-sac”

Jessica Hopper ruined Punk Planet for me… yet somehow I’d always read her column.

Anyway, I was always too young to see Pavement when they toured here, so this is awesome. Not sure If I’ll go see the Pixies. They didn’t have such an impact on me, and I don’t really listen to them much now.

yep. pavement schmavement
apparently refused are reforming…

both those shows would be sick

and refused arnt re forming its just 2 of the guys forming a yet to be detailed 3 or 4 piece with some other dudes, and a frined of mine who runs a small record slash distro company say’s hes trying to get them to do a split with perth band surprise sex attack… which if you dont know about them are over hyped shit,so good luck to him with that.

but yes pavement and pixies will both me on my ‘i have to much cash’ to do list

feminists?

After years of speculation, the most important American band of the Nineties is returning to the stage.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha. Important to them, maybe.

Well that was from their site. :wink:

pixies show will be amazing

feminists?
[/quote]

it is 4 girls so they might be

so down for pavement. was a bit anti-reunion on this one til they announced australian shows :stuck_out_tongue:

if all the cool people like pavement it would seem, judging by the collective ‘meh’ on this thread, that there aren’t many cool people here.
im going to go listen to gorguts, and you can all suck my integrity.

Or it would seem that Pavement actually suck balls and there are plenty of cool people here :roll: :-o

yes that is another possibility. With a name like pavement, id expect nothing less.

They just seem like Ween, but 5 years later. I could be very wrong though.

i like pavement, they are however, (going on my long ago initial impression memories) one of those bands which doesn’t sound interesting the first few spins. if you have remain persistent enough to push on however, soon everything will align and you’ll be well rewarded

+1

i’m going to go listen to integrity. what you can suck is up to you.

Yeh, pretty wrong.