Holy hell

Death Grip

Paging boyracer - hitting a ton on dirt? Think you might be in that club.

Cracked 70 on dirt, I think about 87 on road with a draft. Funnily enough both were on single speeds.

I reckon it’s easily doable on the top section, but you want to trust your brakes 'cause the 180 degree hairpins at the end leave little margin for error.

Me, I’ve hit 83 going down Bulli Pass on a mtb (and I was packing it).

hit about 85 in nam. down a big ass hill. panniers on the front, metropolis on my back, camera on the foof. it was not an enjoyable experience.

Can consistently hit mid 80’s on the Mt. Ainslie descent in Canberra. Could probably go faster on Fitz’s hill but theres a nasty corner at the end and people have died there before. Would love to crack the 100…

Sketchiest descent would be coming down the barry way from Jindabyne to the snowy river on a piece of shit touring bike fully loaded with bald 32c filetreads or the top section of the National DH trail in Nepal, crazy crazy exposure.

I believe he is truthful about the speed, I just can’t imagine it.

a

I hit 82km/h on an 80’s Repco coming down The Grove Way in SA a couple of years ago, hit a spot of mud and lost sight for a moment too.

I jumped out of a car (Goran Radjevic’s VB 4.2l Commodore) going at 60kp/h in the Uni car park for a $50 bet.

That perhaps explains a lot of things.

i’ve sometimes wondered what that would be like to do…but not enough to actually do it.