Before I go and shell out for the Robobrew, I am going to give the extract a go again. Keep it simple and see how it tastes. If you have any suggestions on the below, shout out!
Single Hop Ale
250g Carapils - Anything I can substitute with Gladfield malts?
3kg Dried Light Malt Extract
- Calypso or
Wyeast 1056 American Ale
- Get 10L water temp up to 65C steep Carapils for 30 min
- Strain malts
- Add 1kg dried light malt extract, bring to the boil
- Add 30g hops for 1hour 10min total boil time
- Add 1sp Protofloc last 15min of boil
- Add 30g hops for last 10min of boil
- Add 1.5kg light malt extract for the last 5 minutes
- Cool wort to 20-24C, transfer to fermenter and top up to 23L.
- Pitch yeast
- Dry hop 50g
Using an online Calculator, this should give me about 33 IBUs