Home Loans

Would recommend a broker we had a great experience with ours (if melb based i can send the name). but also echo that all brokers arent equal.
Also - having worked with a number of large banks i can confirm that treating them like phone companies and saying ‘what have you done for me lately’ is a good practice. banks have made it easier and easier to sign up with them (and frequently offer incentives to do so) and the change is not that big of a deal, they just like that the average customer feels like it would be and play on that.

I found that a broker didn’t offer me anything I couldn’t (and in the didn’t) come up with myself anyway.

I ended up going with Colonial, which was CBA’s third party (broker) offshoot. PITA! Had to go back through the broker for even minor changes.

Now with CBA direct, manage it all myself, eazy peazy! Although I do like the advice from several above of “what do you have to offer to keep my business”

This is a great time to purchase property, the market is continuously growing and increasing growth of economy. If you have saved a lot then make sure to get the best our from your money.