housemate(s) wanted - fixroy

Hi

I’m looking for 2 new house mates to move in with me in Fitzroy, as the other 2 are moving on mid July.

And it’s not cos I’m a bad person to live with before you ask, one is heading back home to the folks to save up the dollars before the ubiquitous move to the UK in January and the other scored their dream job, which sadly doesn’t pay as well as their current one meaning they can’t afford to live here any more.

House is a fully furnished (apart from the rooms for rent) 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom town house about 5 years old on Leicester St, between Brunswick & Nicholson, so very close to public transport and all the good stuff that comes with living in the area.

Floorboards and polished concrete floors through out, nice exposed brick/concrete looking stuff in the living areas and corrugated steel panels as features in the hallway. There is also a balcony upstairs that leads off the living room which is very nice for having beers and relaxing on, that has a few pot plans and a little herb garden. I wish my cats wouldn’t eat the chives all the time though, cos they usually barf under my bed when they do. Oh well…

Kitchen has stone bench tops with nice and shiny Smeg appliances (oven, stove, dishwasher) and is nice and spacious.

A/C and heating in the common areas and all bedrooms have heaters.

The 2 bedrooms for rent are downstairs and share a bathroom between the 2 of them and are both a good size (fits queen size bed, dressers, bookshelves etc with ease) with 1 having a built in wardrobe - the one that doesn’t is slightly larger. The courtyard out back to park a car in and none of the permits for street parking are being used, so if you drive you’re in luck.

Not fussed if applicants are guys or girls but a gender mix would be nice (I’m a dude) and the usual shit about housemates applies (not a slob, working full time &can pay rent and bills on time, not a smackie etc, not into bringing you and 37 of your mates back to party at 3am after a big night at Bimbos).

I’m 31 and work full time in print and design and enjoy music (listening, watching, playing), art & design, books, bikes – the usual hispster guff in other words, so if you were to enjoy some of those things and were around that age as well, that would be super.

Rent is $200 per week/$866 pcm plus bills (wireless internet is $30 per month each and bills run to about $100 a month, if that) and rooms will be available from mid July.

Oh and looking for long term housemates, so no travelers sorry. Y’know, to make it a home and not just a crash pad where people nod when they pass in the hall. Plus I can’t be arsed looking again in 3 months cos writing these ads is hard.

Fire me a PM if you’d like to arrange a time to have a look (most likely in a week or so) or wish to ask any questions.