How can postage be so much?!?!

So I want to buy one of the new Cadence water bottles. Yeah, I know I’m a fucking hipster. That’s not the point. The postage quoted through the Cadence site and PayPal is $37USD for a freaking $13USD item that weighs fuck all.

Why the fuck are the US online calcuators so ridiculous?

Is there anyway around this? I tried emailing Cadence, but no such luck yet.

Ask them for a proper quote sometimes there is a mistake with the measurements of the boxing/ what ever packaging…

Fixed that for you.

*what colour you getting?

Thanks.

I want grey, red or clear.

guns and ammo ain’t cheap son

you are not your drink bottle

I’m not Tyler Durden either.

i find this a problem sometimes also. if buying threw ebay its ok but website calculators are always rubbish.

group buy on this item maybe, i need some water bottles ?

yeah… would be cool if you were though…

but isnt cadence too modern… a cutting edge hipster would be seeking a post-modern product to authenticate their complexity as an individual, and their awareness of trends. But then you run the risk of others not being aware of your post modernity… dilemma

i recommend a stainless steel bottle, to avoid potential BPAs etc
or something aussie;
water bottle - $15.00AUD : Skin Grows Back, Products

I just want a nice looking water bottle to go on my nice looking road bike.

Not so sold on the “poison” logo…

if all fails get a friend in the US to purchase and send to you?

I know I’m going to do that with a bag in the near future.

Have you thought about a camelbak podium bottle? It’s got a neat non-spill valve - drink only comes out when you squeeze the bottle. BPA free too. Pretty cheap from the UK.

Water bottles all look like shit when you start using them so who cares.

Find another reseller of the product you’re after.
Check the cadence website for their dealer lists and try buying from them instead.
Knog sells Cadence gear, see if they can get it in with their next order.
Always plenty of ways around expensive freight.

Check Wiggle… they only charge a few bucks a bottle and have quite a few different ones. Someone could chuck one in there next order for you.

yep, good point. Shoot Shannon at the Knog shop on Chapel St, Prahran an email and see if he can get them in the next order and ship across to you. He’s a good dude, should help you out.

agreed, the less on them the better because it all scratches off and looks crappy.

but isnt cadence too modern… a cutting edge hipster would be seeking a post-modern product to authenticate their complexity as an individual, and their awareness of trends. But then you run the risk of others not being aware of your post modernity… dilemma

Just give up on water bottles completely if you want super hister cred, get this

Spaceman & Singlespeed Fever Flask - Singlespeed Central - Alternative bikes and parts!

This will get you any street cred you desire

They’re probably using a courier service like UPS or FedEx, rather than the US Postal Service. Couriers are expensive, and tend to have particularly expensive minimum costs.

+1.

It’s what I drink from.

get a mash sf bottle instead.
or a campy one, they’re only like $15 and way classier

Or just flog one from a team car, they are everywhere ATM…got hold of a couple of Green SKY bottles :wink: