How good is sugar?

^ Just found out it’s on tap at a few selected venues around town. PalaisImports - News - The Palais Times

But I don’t think it actually contains sugar, it’s probably high fructose corn syrup.

^ hmm…im intrigued

You’re all drug addicts…

Sugar addiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Researchers say that sugar and the taste of sweet is said to stimulate the brain by activating beta endorphin receptor sites, the same chemicals activated in the brain by the ingestion of heroin and morphine.”

#notedge #12yearstoolong #howsyouredge

I actually quit sugar completely for a while. It was extemely hard, and now if I do eat something with lots of it my teeth hurt immediately and I feel a bit sick and dizzy. We only keep rapadura & coconut sugar in the house.

I see what you did there, and I approve.

Thanks NutraSweety.

Camberwell Coles sells the UK Dr Pepper with REAL sugar! I feel so healthy when I drink it compared to the high fructose junk!

Yeh, was gonna point out that most of the Dr Pepper/cherry coke we get here isn’t made with sugar anyway. It’s high fructose corn syrup which, if you believe what they say, is 10 times as evil as sugar.

But yeh, the UK Dr P is awesome, and I think the normal stuff is pretty awesome to start with.

Also, I rarely drink sugary drinks these days and invariably feel all buzzy/shithouse when I do.

I drank a couple of cans of pepsi max at a work function recently, then fucking flew home on my bike. Whatever is in there instead of sugar must be some diabolical shit.

all i can think of when i hear cherry coke is bottomless cups at the wilderness lodge in disneyworld, florida. i put on 6kg as a 10 year old and mickey mouse sang me happy birthday.

probably the best time of my life ever.

Yep
I love coke in a glass bottle and can, condensed milk, chocolate, lollies and any thing else sweet.
Though lately my wife and I are trying to switch over to dark choc in the hope of a more simple sweet

well, this is a waste of a thread.

Sugar is sugar people. Inverting or splitting it into its two components, makes no diff. it’s still sugar.
The Truth About High Fructose Corn Syrup | SparkPeople

My fave way to get sugar is from those glucose jelly beans you can only get at chemists. they make my long rides that little bit groovier.

Popped over to the market on my lunch break today, 5 bags for $10-

Caramel Kisses
Raspberry Liquorice
Jelly Beans
Turkish Delight
Choc-coated Mint Leaves

on the subject of asian grocery stores: krating daeng. b00m!

we used to drink that shit before 3hr skate sessions at Cherokee skatepark in Perth.

Saw a kid of about 16 smashing one of those giant red bull cans today. I guess he needed all that energy to walk to the bus stop.