how many times do you repair?

+1

rolly, i dont know if its a common thing the old tube’n’clothesline but before i left my old place thats how i managed to keep up our clothesline as we also had some pretty slack landlords. also good for tying back plants and branches etc

but yeh, zero repair on tubes

hahaha brilliant!! :smiley:

here’s a rendering of a little something i’m thinking of using my old inner tubes for

Never. I’d be lucky if I got one flat a year and I always seem to have a spare tube floating around for one reason or another.

oh man, way to tempt fate…

I thought the same and then had three on the way to rosebud on Saturday.

After a recent horror front and rear simultaneous puncture incident (which I’m sure was caused by Pete’s presence) whilst carrying only one spare tube I’ve been carrying two tubes, two valves and a patch kit, so hopefully that’s enough to keep the wolf from the door.

Last Sat I installed a new thicker rim tape on a tyre someone brought in. She’d had a puncture because the shitty rubber ribbon had moved away from the spoke ends, which eventually wore through and cut the inner tube. Schwalbe make it and it’s blue. Could be $4-$5 depending on where you go. (in before cool story bro)
I’d be interested to hear if anyone palps a clothes peg in their repair kit for pressing the patch - or uses the sticker kind of patch.

I carry for:
Commuting - 1x tube, levers and pump
Week end rides - 1x tube, levers and CO2 pump

Between 3 bikes I probably get 1 puncture every 3 months.

i carry tube, pump, levers and patch kit. on every ride.

the patch kit rarely gets used, but it’s there just in case.

As many times as I need, 2-3 times

I <3 repairing punctures when I have the time to do so.

I make condoms out of my old tubes and then sell them to really poor teenagers.

Same for me, just easier really.

:smiley:

i roll vitttoria something 28’s , and yes i use pegs to really hold on the patch while drying. Tyers are def the thing i am saving again for some new gators 25’s which i used to run and never had a problem.

Have been back in sydney for 9mths and its killing me… in canberra i ran a gator 23 on the rear and a 20 on the front and never ever did i have a puncture. Ifear i have offended the gods of perrelli or some such thing. Fukin shits me turns a thing of thoughtless joy into a exercise of anxitiety.

It will pass…

I carry 1 x Cabcharge. Folds neatly inside the back pocket and I hardly feel it when riding.

When i think of someone patching a tube, i imagine an old man, with panniers, a beard and an old cecil walker or similar roadie. Why not just put in a new one?

(Students/unemployed and old men can be excused from answering)

Cos it’s fucking wasteful. Finite resources and the sweat of 12 year old Indonesians go into making that tube, the least you can do is prolong it’s life.

This also applies when using old tubes as condoms…