I promise this is the last question about brakes...

I doubt they were actually trying to rip me off… Just the parts they had in store. I just wanted to see what reasonable prices were, wasn’t meaning to start any hate… :smiley:

Yeah, fuck that! I live around the corner from there and wander through every now and then for a laugh at the prices! Did you happen to see the gold plated groupset on the (GIANT or TREK - I can’t remember) roadie they had on the wall for a while? $25,000+ for a bike?

I was looking for a 2nd hand, long reach caliper and dropped into Abbotsford cycles. The guy there gave me an old one out of his spares box, said take it home and try it out and if it fits, come back and give me $5. It didn’t fit, so I just handed it back.

Now that’s service! Trust and respect your customers and they’ll do the same to you.

Don’t make excuses for them Dave :slight_smile:

They have a history of only offering solutions that get them the best mark up. IMO, they are not interested in giving advice, just taking your money.

i have a 105 rear. i’m not sure how easy/possible it is to put a longer bolt through the middle. but if you want it, i’m willing to part with it for not too much…

Don’t make excuses for them Dave

Haha, the bikes back in my hands now, so say what you wnat abou them!! I won’t be going back!

i have a 105 rear. i’m not sure how easy/possible it is to put a longer bolt through the middle. but if you want it, i’m willing to part with it for not too much…