I see.

I work in this gallery in Easey St Collingwood. I always wondered why there was such a high concentration of fixed gear rides in this seemingly innocuous part of town and this seemingly innocuous alley way. I only just realised that Shifter Bikes is my neighbour. Finaly an explanation for all these nice rides hanging around. It was getting to the point where I was going to post a thread saying “why so many nice rides in Easey st?” I’d have looked like a tit then.

Yet there are fixies everywhere - its bloody good!

Riding home last night I counted no less than 13 from Prahran to Flemington.
3 years ago I reckon I would have been lucky to see 1

I was on the roadie and got given a couple of funny looks from some of them.

I hope none of them were you people out there.

Its not hard to smile _ I smiled at you!

Er, yeah, cellardoor?
I live in Easey St too eh.

This last summer in London is booming aswell. Some really bling bikes too. I think the bombs on the Underground is one of the reasons for this. On my usual ways around town I used to be the only rider but now I am surrounded by a swarm of kamikaze commuters, Dangerous riders. Its all good but not good, if you know what I mean.

I wasnt really refering to the increase use of fixed gear bikes. I was just bewildered by the large number of fixed gear bikes chained up in a dead end alley off Easey street. I thought they just all belonged to the guys in the graff studio.

Let me guess;
-12 in Prahran
-1 in Flemington (yours)

…or are people still sensitive about suburban racism? :smiley:

Let me guess;
-12 in Prahran
-1 in Flemington (yours)

[/quote]

he he,

nup, most were between bike path on chapel street to the vic market.

Let me guess;
-12 in Prahran
-1 in Flemington (yours)

[/quote]

And my one in the neighbouring suburb of ascot vale!!!