I'm riding from Canada to Mexico

Not sure what phone you have, but if Android. OsmAnd is a sweet offline mapping service with pretty good bicycle routing and works in most countries in the world even without a sim card… So long as you have a gps connection. Good for mapping distances you have to ride…

I’m sure there’s many iPhone equivalents.

Lol @ snow.

Where you’re going isn’t on the USBRS yet.

Vancouver BC → Imperial Beach CA $75

And don’t forget the addenda

Or download the GPS route waypoints
http://www.adventurecycling.org/routes-and-maps/adventure-cycling-route-network/gps-information/route-gps-waypoints/

Or buy a copy of “Bicycling the Pacific Coast” from your nearest MEC for $22.

If you wish to detour into PDX, you could: Take the ACA route Vancouver-Bellingham-island hop to Bainbridge Is (check out the insane collection at the bike shop) then ferry into SEA, from SEA take the Amtrak Cascades train to PDX, it has a bike car so no packing required. Then strike out towards the coast again. You will miss crossing the Columbia river at Astoria if you do this though.

vancouver to whistler is better now, but still no sepia epic. will get better after squampton (which is also much much nicer nowadays).

blakey speaks the the truth about routing from my experience. best bike route from van-sea isnt obvious all the way but much much better if you have the instructions/maps.

should be a fair bit of info out there.

I think the real question is: what is your sleeping setup? and what pump are you carrying?

This times 1000
But fuck, super stoked for you and subscribing to this thread

yes, I am jealous and keen to do this trip in the next few years

No plans to stealth camp here in the US, Blakey. I just get half way through my day before deciding where I need to head to sleep. Did buy the book as I was near a MEC. It’s useless to me until I hit the coast after going through Portland. Will let you know how it goes after that.
Have done thus far: Vancouver > Squamish > Whilster > Vancouver > Burnaby > Mount Venron > Seattle (where I’m currently staying at a hostel).

Might try and do Portland in 2 days from here the day after next.

Go to 5 Point Cafe for me plz. it’s in Belltown, near the space needle.

thx.

Where’s the pics?!?

Lorday, the man with a plan.

So I did Seattle to Portland in 3 days. Stayed at Millersylvania and Seaquest state parks.
Got super lost at Tacoma and somewhere north of Vancouver (WA). Hanging in Portland for 3 nights.
Today my vastus lateralis in my right leg is seriously fucking hurting when I’m riding and I don’t know why (no previous injuries on that side or leg). Legs feel good apart from that.

Nope. Did ride up to Kerry’s Park after doing the space needle… That was nice.

On my camera. Any ‘decent’ picture you’ll get out of me won’t be til I get home :frowning:

I used to get vastus medialis problems on tours. My physios (sister and mother-in-law) told me it was because it was weaker than the lateralis, and over time my lateralis would pull my patela laterally (outwards). This stretched the tendon, inflaming it and causing pain. They told me to tape my patela medially (inwards), and strengthen my medialis. I did this by focusing on using it while I continued the tour. Sometimes I needed to touch it to feel that I was activating it, but it really helped. I don’t have this trouble anymore.

Got to Mexico. Many celebrations drinks to be had.

Tequila!

Ándale arriba!

Nice work. I was wondering where you were up to.

nice work mate! any trip highlights thus far?

So chilling around San Diego for a few days before heading home. I should get all my pictures up next weekend and I should have some time to collect my thoughts of the trip.

Huge trip. Well done on making it.

Looking forward to seeing the photos.