*insert favourite expletive here*

Well, after a slightly harder than normal Tuesday morning ride last week I noticed an “abnormality”, in the form of an odd lump. So I assume I have some nasty cancer and run screaming to the doctor (without the running or the screaming).

On closer and more professional medical examination it turns out I have a F$$#@(G hernia!!!

So that means, as little exertion as possible until I can get it fixed. Fixed meaning an operation to stitch up and reinforce the muscle.

From a cycling standpoint the most effort I put in is on my fixies, so I may have to shudder ride geared for a while. While this is all bad, it does leave me with the perfect excuse to buy at least one geared bike as I don’t own one at the moment apart from a 20 kg DH sled.

So if I’m not on the Saturday morning rides for a while, that’s why. :x

Sounds like a fair punishment.

so tell me…does one nut ache intermittently and your groin really hurt on one side when you poke it?

So does that mean you won’t be using your wheels on your maroon/purple + chrome people eater for while? Damn I bet they’ll be lonely hahaha

Hey Nath,

sounds like a good excuse for you to join the low-60’s gear-inch club!

Get well soon.

so tell me…does one nut ache intermittently and your groin really hurt on one side when you poke it?

Funnily enough no.

It’s just a lump, about the size of the afore mentioned nut, in my lower abdomen. It’s only painful when I do too much, eg. lifting, physical labour of any kind. But otherwise it just feels strange, kinda like I’ve got a lump under my skin.