Italy trip

Im going to Italy on Friday for three weeks. Any cycling related places/things I cant miss? Ill be visiting milan, florence, verona, sicily, amalfi coast, lake como, and cinque terre.

There’s heaps man. Madonna del Ghisallo would be good, there’s plenty of frame builders about also.

Just checked it out will def see if I csn make a visit

Taking a bike? the riding around Como/Bellagio is amazing.

I found out a couple of days after leaving milan that cinelli is near there and good to see.
Last month I stayed in tuscany and did some riding around there. In lucca we hired good roadies and did mad rides. €35/day for a 2013 bianchi/pinarello with preloaded gps and shoes. Highly recommended

Not taking a bike but if I can hire one ill go for a spin. Whered you hire from, just a bike shop?

I just did a quick google search for “Lake Como Bicycle Hire”. Heaps of returns including this mob (If their instagram is anything to go by then they should be good:
Bicycling in Italy by Lake Como Cycling

Lake Como is a roadie mecca with lots teams being based there for most of the year. Shouldn’t be hard to find somewhere to hire a decent bike.

If you make it to Bormio ~3hrs north of Lake Como - to ride the Stelvio, Mortirolo and Gavia, you can hire a road bike from Bormio Ski and Bike.

De Rosa are in Milan, they are open most days and have a shop front with some great displays.

Visited Chesini in Verona today. Really nice shop with a lot of variety: MTB, track bikes, commuter bikes, some very nice steel roadies with modern campag. Will post some photos when I get a chance. Picked up a cap and tshirt as a souvenir. Going to try and get to de rosa on last day before flying out of Milan. Off to lake como on Monday.

Hairnets are making a fabulous comeback

Interesting Mixte design

So many awesome commuters around town. Saw OG riding a bike with delta brakes and risers. Also saw a frame that looked like an ALAN with Colnago branding.

^ Those hairnets, wow.

In sicily atm home of current tdf leader. Picked up this kit in taormina. Last night watched mt etna bubling lava.