K.E.T - Ken Evans Fixed

Managed to pick this up yesterday at a good price.

Frame: Ken Evans Track - Columbus SLX (Can anyone provide more info about the frame?)
Headset:Campagnolo Record
Cranks: Campagnolo Pista, Shimano BB
Bars / Stem: ITM Carbon Drops, Ritchey Complite Stem
Rear Wheelset: Shimano DuraAce with Sugino Cog. Rigida rim.
Front Wheel: Campagnolo Record on Mavic
Saddle / Seat Post: Kalloy post with San Marco Hi-comfort Gel saddle

Spares:
Campagnolo Record Pista hub on Wolber
Campagnolo C-Record ‘Sheriff Star’ hub on a Mavic

Whats next:
I plan on taking of the Colnago stickers and replacing them with Ken Evans stickers.
I also plan with on changing the bar tape and maybe the saddle to something else.

What I need:
Pedals. Anyone have some suitable pedals and straps for sale in melbourne? MKS or similar.
Stickers. Anyone know where i can get suitable ken evans stickers?

Noob Questions:
The tires are all glued to the rims. What can i use to detach them. And what tires are more suitable for mild street use.

I just cracked like 5 boners.

the tyres are glued on cos theyre tubulars. you can’t use normal clincher tyres. i suggest (as will others no doubt) that if you stick with tubulars you should get gatorskins. not that ive ever had tubulars, just going on what i hear. if you want to run normal clinchers you will have to get new rims.

if it was me, i’d change the bars and stem too. get something a little more classic.
pedals and straps from kookie, or the for sale thread.

but i really like it.

looks like this guy
http://fixed.org.au/forums/index.php/topic,8355.0.html

also re stickers

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ken-Evans-frame-decal-set-for-Campagnolo-vintage-bike_W0QQitemZ300212399261QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45e60dac9d#ht_500wt_953

Nice pick up.

It might just be the angle of the photo but there doesn’t seem to be much of a gap in the seat post clamp, you might want to check that the post is the right diameter.

fap fap fap…

So nice.

Cinelli 1a stem and some Campione Del Mondo bars would be classy.
Or
Nitto Pearl stem and B123 drops would be sweet.

Jesus. That’s amazing. Those wheels are really nice too.

seriously sweet. if it’s your first fixed gear, get a brake. i’d hate to this this thing destroyed because you ran up the back of a car.

but if you do buy a different fork cos that one is sick and you dont wanna drill it if you dont have to.

truth.

Yeah totally. Pull the Ken fork out and put a shitty $20 one with a brake hole on.

Thanks all for the comments and tips.

I now have my eye on a whole range of new parts!

Stay tuned!

please get nice shit and do this frame justice. no b43’s or bullhorns or lame shit.

How about some MKS GR9 pedals (clips and strap), Cinelli 1A stem and Cinelli Milano drops?
I am ordering all 3 as i write this.

Feel free to recommend me something anything else.

aah, good choices! that’s the kind of build i want to see :smiley:

you lucky bastard.

that is fucking awesome

so jealous

wow, real nice!

i’d highly recommend you switch your front hub to a tangential type lacing.

radial + sheriff star = :cry:

damn so clean and “simple”

if only my bike was like this, mines still in bits and pieces

Awesome frame.
Can get new decals from cyclomondo on ebay. great quality stickers!

What a stunner !! Is it likely this is not the original paint job? Haven’t seen many (any) Ken’s with a single colour paint scheme?

daacha