Keirin shopping in japan

Punch: Don’t get your hopes up, but it’s worth a look. Nothing seemed to be for sale when I went and the Nagasawa I saw seemed very overpriced.

did you go up to the loft?

yeah. That’s where the Nagasawa was hanging up. There wasn’t much up there in the way of track frames. It was so chaos, I felt like i just walked into someone’s shed. There was also a lavender purple Makino there, but I didn’t want a Makino.

I forgot to add… Bubble wrap can be found cheaply in 100yen stores, as well as packing tape. And I was lucky enough to get a cardboard bike box from some random roadie store in Shinjuku. The guy working there spoke english with a heavy french accent, so explaining what i wanted it for was pretty easy.

As for packing. I wrapped all the tubes in bubble wrap (except for the seat stays, which I wrapped in a hoodie cos I ran out of bubble wrap), then I used empty shoe boxes on either side of the frame to keep it in one place. I also taped my new bars to the frame over the bubble wrap. I cut a shoe box in half to stop it moving up and down in the box, and it arrived home safely with no dents. I would like to mention that I had to check it in at Narita, Gold Coast and Melbourne before getting it home to Adelaide. So three check in’s and outs and it survived.

Oh yeah, FUCK MELBOURNE AIRPORT for making me pay $4 for a fucking trolley. Every other airport had em for free.

jolan, do you have an address for the keirin in kyoto? gonna be there in 2 days.

and any shops in kyoto?

just got a front wheel and rim for the rear at Blue Lug. H + Son high polish SL42’s. plenty of good stuff there.