Kenevans track

Yeah Mrs TVM has just moved to Richmond so you’ll be seeing me a bit more i suppose.

New pics up 10 points extra if you can guess where they were taken…

Having just finished a build myself, i share your excitement. Looks great!

Beautiful… but if you swapped the Ourys (I know they’re comfortable and all) for some extra bar tape, it’d be perfect.

I know they look a little ghetto but they are super comfy and this is the bike i spend everyday on. Do you mean wrap from the stem right down to the grips or just where the ourys are?

I’m not even sure the drops are staying on anyway.

Having just finished a build myself, i share your excitement. Looks great!

Thanks man, yeah i saw that some nice shots and nicely put together.

Speaking from lots of experience with running my ourys at the top of the drops, you’ll find that they feel better if you mount them the other way (flanges to the centre - aka opposite to the correct way). It allows your hands to have a nicer transition to the bar at the outer ranges of the grips.

FWIW: i also cut the flanges completely off as they are annoying (to me) which ever way you have the grips mounted on drops. It’s an easy task with a sharp kitchen knife :wink:

ahh daytime pics, very hawt indeed, nice work =)

Diggin the paint

I’m seriously going to spend more time in Richmond so I can see this in the flesh…

across the rd from the old location of a certain bike shop.

just forward the points when you can.
cheers.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I want it back.

Taken me 4 year sto post on this forum. I feel so dirty…

What you might not know is that I had to Fly to NZ at Midnight, pick the bike up in Auckland and Fly back at 5am that morning…

So yeah I paid something cheap for it but lost my mind bringing it back. Still a regrettable sale

Looks beautiful man…

By all means ignore me if you like, but my OCD says:

Saddle nose ~5mm down, bars a few degrees down so they are horizontal to the top tube, stem about 1cm up or remove spacer and get fork/steerer tube cut if necessary, cut off the oury flanges, and take velocity stickers off the rims.

Then shes fuckin perfect!

Oh and you have a lemon stuck in your spokes :wink:

these are good points, but if you’re ever going to ride in the drops, aren’t they more comfortable at the angle shown than with the bottoms horizontal?
the ourys look pretty funny but i guess for the street that’s a practical compromise. (you’ll probably end up switching to risers eventually anyway, yeah?)

new pics are the shit! bike looks awesome

Thanks for your input coffe and everyone else, I’m cutting off the flanges tonight, have been playing around with the saddle tilt most days and velocity stickers are coming off when i get a spare half hour. I prefer the line of the stem to continue into the drops though and it’s more relaxed on my wrists when i use them.

to get the velocity stickers off just run some hot water over them… they peel straight off :slight_smile:

That’s how a bike looks.

My Hillman is jealous. I spoke to him this morning, it was all i could do to assure him a link less of chain would make him as tight as the Ken.

You’re Hillman shouldn’t be jealous it’s super sexy and has open pros, I need to put a master link in so it’s no so tight and easy to change the rear wheel

Coffee took your advise with the stem-has made it so much more comfy for long rides and has given me a fair bit more control, and nickcee i cut the flanges last night and it feels alot better too, lemon gone, seat tilted and velocity stickers coming off this w.e.