kents

Oooh good pickup Geoff.

Got home tonight and some kents and helped themselves to my track bike from the carpark in my new building. Fucking gutted. Didn’t have pedals, has tubs and the screw on the izumi chain wasn’t on properly so I hope they’ve tried to ride and wrap themselves around a pole.

Long shot, I rode over a broken but what looked like a fairly new/ good knick chain eastbound on Booth near PB RD tonight about 6.15.

Shit Dave, that fucking sucks.

Noted, thanks man!

DAVE!! THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! I hope it will turn up unscathed somewhere.

Kents

Dave, this is total shit. Really hope you get it back. Trolling Gumtree and Ebay.

Hey Dave, did you follow up on Lambchops chain lead?

I rode passed there about 20 min ago, no chain.

I had a looksey around a few of the side streets and didn’t see anything dumped, I’ll go past again tonight and have a look around the storm water canel at the bottom of the hill.

Not yet, I’m slammed at work too and I’m not commuting via bike so I don’t have much time to get out there. I might take a drive around tonight after work and have a bit of a look. Building management basically said tough shit and offered very little assistance. I questioned why the security door was wide open all day and they were like, oh it must have been broken…that is all.

Put a claim in against Body Corp Insurance, if the security door is wide open due to it being broken, that’s on them.

Stopped again and found chain, wasn’t in the same place but it’s not a fixed one anyways, some Shimano geared thingo HG93.

Like I said it was pretty much a massive longshot.

+1 for going after the BC

Stopped again and found chain, wasn’t in the same place but it’s not a fixed one anyways.

[/img]2016-03-08_06-36-11 by Lambchop2041

Like I said it was pretty much a massive longshot.

+1 for going after the BC

Keep an eye on Cash Converters. It’s literally their business to offload stolen gear.

Any idea how I’d even go about this? We don’t have any contents insurance on any of this stuff because we only moved in two days ago and it’s been a shit show.

Yeah I’m keeping my eye on gumtree and will head around to as many pawn shops as I can this weekend.

call the BC & ask for a copy of their complaints/appeals procedure.

if they’re unwilling to help, speak to the relevant independent body (VCAT? Real Estate ombudsman if there is one? Relevant commissioner?) & ask what legal advice they have.

Document in your diary/word doc the time/date/name of the person you spoke to about it already, especially if they acknowledged the door was broken. If that can later be cross referenced against any internal paperwork they have (incident report, work order, OH&S docs) then all the better.

I’ve not done this personally, but it seems to align with stuff we’ve been doing at school recently, so give it a shot :wink:

Sounds like a good place to start, thanks again guys.

I reckon every time literally is used incorrectly the offender has to donate $5 to FoA running costs.