kuwahara road - fixed convertion

i was riding the indi condor for a while.
it was light as hell.
do you know what the tubing was by any chance?

slippy-
well my dad got the kashimax brand new when he was riding so it would be at least 18 yrs old i cant remember him ever riding seriously as a kid and im 23 so it could well be older than that

paper-
i know very little about tubing but the sticker on it said it was a cro-mo

Don’t forget to grind out the brake bar at the back, bro :wink: (only resigned that frame to the scrap pile at CERES the other day - a sad day really as that was the bike I was on when I met the fixed people and my indoctrination continued at a faster pace. I hope I’ve gained at least half a clue since then. Speaking of fleeting aesthetics those risers look cool.
(My kuwahara was slightly diff. to yours, the gear levers didn’t attach to lugs, they were attached to a bracket that bolted on. There are no brake guides either so I didn’t have to make that call. It’s still a ‘reversible’ conversion at this point, and I think it will eventually be geared again.)

yeah when i get a new frame or two this most likely reform into a rodie, its not unfix-able but it was regrettable

considering i’ve only been riding fixed for about 3/4months now and only been around it the last year or so i think i’ve learnt alot since i grinded off those brake guides

i’ll admit it i only started riding fixed coz my mates rode it and before that i had lived in san fran for a short time and i’d seen it around alot. it seemed cool… :stuck_out_tongue:

I love those gold bars but for some reason they don’t really seem to go well with the rest of the bike :?

yeah i originally had all gold accessories i.e. seat post, chain ring as well as the cages, pedals and chain. plus the rims were going to be gold not yellow, but bailed on other pieces coz of size differences and effort, but love the bars to much to get rid of or change

yo
how does the chrome paint turn out?
because ive tried painting stuff chrome but it doesn’t really last…
what paint did you use?

i just the spay can ‘super chrome’ stuff from bunnings

yeah its kinda chippping away already and is more of a shiny silver colour an an actual chrome effect, looks ok and i dont mind it but if you want shinny shinny chrome then look else where

looks even better in the flesh mate…

now… if only you could track stand…

-kirk

hahahaha ouch…

hey man the burger wasnt squshed, i get the job done

this bike died tonight :oops: :cry:

\both rear stays snapped pic’s when i got them

oh shit, doing something crazy? or just too much abuse?