Let's build a CX frame

I saw an actual trainwreck yesterday which would have been slightly more appealing.

Purple is good. I’m liking SpeedGeese.

Serious Question to talking about recumbent tandems… Sorry WCP.

Completely missed this thread… Tis a great idea WCP… I am actually building similar at the moment…

I was waiting for you to surface.

Say cheese and die?

Sweet as dubs. So, ah, what colour will it be and what will you call it?

First steel frame so I am just gunna clear coat it… Using the 3Rensho Modulo lugs and Samson dropouts… Just trying to decide what Brakes to use… Paul Canti’s or Racers?

Modeulo

130mm or 135mm rear spacing?

Kinda tempted to trip tri it eh. Looking at using external socket type dropouts though, so it might mess with angles too much. I don’t need to use these though.

I’d go 130, I don’t see the point unless you’re going disc and or through axle.

Hey Pete,

looks good … I’d slacken the seat and head tube a touch (73, 72.5 respectively), and for a CX bike I’d suggest a touch less saddle to bar drop, especially if you’re upright and like to watch the scenery. What Keith says re: 1 1/8", and fillet braze away.

I would fuss too much (if at all) about what R/Sachs has to say, the front end is more than 80% of the bike and all that it feels like.

Go for it :wink:
Paint it gold, call is Goose … lay some eggs !!!

AASHTA (As Always Spirito Has The Answer)

Guess it depends what your doing but if you are just racing it and odd shortish gravel ride (you have a rando?) I think less saddle to bar startsto handle like crap through tight fast corners unless it’s long in the Tt as you have little weight over the front
What’s your thoughts?

Maybe you’re right re: angles Spiro, but why?

Re S2B drop: This is pretty significant for me as it is, but Dayne’s right; I do have a rando bike for other rides. This one is to race. Reckon I’ll try it out.

I’m all about saddle set back, I would go less for a rando but anything racey I like knee over pedal spindle.
I like 73.5 st with a zero offset as this sets me up over the pedal with saddle mounted pretty centre if I went any more relaxed I’d be off the centre of rails, if I went any steeper I would run a setback.
Depends on your riding style but for most power and what I ride I like being forward if it’s for longer all day stuff I’d go back a little
To be honest I’d get a bike fit from some one that understands what you are after out of the fit and set all you points around that.