LOL

The amount of people that outright claim they believe bikes should not be on the road altogether is astounding.
I’m speechless when I hear it in real life. I can’t believe how many times I have to remind myself of human kind’s stupidity.

new short logo?

FIXED.ORG.AU - 1%

maybe we should get ACAB tatts too?

bahahahahaha this is hilarious…the guy probably couldnt ride fixed if he depended on it

Who here actually makes a habit of using hand signals? I do it sometimes to help drivers out cause I’m not a cunt but otherwise I refrain from putting myself in danger by flailing my limbs around while in the middle of doing the most dangerous thing on the road (crossing into lanes that have cars in them).

anyone following that link from the paper should be redirected to lemonparty, tubgirl, the gnaa/last measure :evil:

Yeah - I’d rather help out drivers than fellow cyclists.

I was thinking about that this morning… I like how it targeted North Adelaide cycles, yet Super Elliotts have quite a few “fixed gear bicycles” in the windows, cashing in on the popularity of “faux track bikes” on the street. They would get a lot more foot traffic than Melbourne Street, yet they weren’t mentioned… Strange.

Tomorrow night is going to be interesting.

Also, I try and do the right thing, not cut off cars, etc, but it’s hard to have empathy for drivers when some of them (particulary taxi’s on Rundle street) drive on the foot path or beep and cyclists doing the right thing…

example:

Friday night, my girlfriend and I were riding up Rundle Street, turning right down Frome road to North Terrace. The light was red. We pulled up behind a car to wait for the lights. The light went green, the car in front of us went straight and we rode into the intersection to wait for the traffic coming towards us to go past so we could safely turn right. A fucking taxi sat behind us and beeped his horn, the turned sharply and revved past us. We were completely in the right. We both had (good, bright) lights and helmets on. Were weren’t veering all over the road.

Seriously, we try and do the right thing but you then have to put up with shit like that.