London To Paris - Melbourne Premiere - 4th March

HMC in.

is there meals available at the venue? A parma, raspberry and coke plus a bicycle film sounds like a great Thursday night.

Unfortunately it’s just a bar, although it’s right near Trippy Taco, and if you eat meat, the burgers at Sharkies are pretty good.

Please not that they have cleared a big area to store bikes, so just bring them on up, we’ve got the place to ourselves!

this.

Count me in.

Still don’t know why they had to reference Dopestrong. If they wanted to meet someone relevant, they should’ve mentioned Wiggins.

I think we should have races after the film - I think it’s a big enough venue to clear some kind of course around the bar, might have to cap the number of people in each race to around 15 though. hit me up if you want to race and I’ll put you on the list.

this^. with a 5 drink minimum

unless your teetotal, in which case it’s 5 of iweamoccos’ rasberry and coke’s.

aka a “dead rat”.

and 5 of them would put me well beyond racing…

Nike sponsoring both Lance and this film, plus making a shoe based on where each of the riders in the film came from…

Sweet, sweet marketing.

[quote="Blakey "]

You’re just taking notes for your own film aren’t you?
[/quote]ideas man ideas!

fixed

http://www.threethousand.com.au/out/screening-of-london-to-paris/

well that will ruin it.

i was going to come along.

that’s exactly what 3000 subscribers say about everything that’s posted on 3000. see ya there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Alcohol & fixed gear movies goes together almost as well as alcohol & night swimming …
Thus I’ll drag my arse along

For those that don’t know, the venue is 2 doors up from blue tile lounge (aka the outdoor tropical themed tables) about 50m up smith st from gertrude.

It’s upstairs but theres a big yellow sign hanging out the front to let you know which door.

There will be a couple more signs nearby too…

I’m equally proud and ashamed!

at this point, i’d like to re-state my idea for a movie that features track bikes but that also has a story. last time i suggested a romantic comedy. in light of the current spate of EPIQ track bike journey movies, this time i’d like to suggest a road movie. like, a down-and-out cab driver (possibly with lots of conspiracy theories… oh… wait a minute…) loses his/her license and then becomes a bike messenger. because of his/her encyclopaedic knowledge of the streets s/he becomes known as the fastest messenger in town. so then s/he is summoned by Fat Alphonse, a mafia don, who needs some ‘documents’ transported across state lines with a minimum of fuss. hilarious hijinks and some gnarly hill montages ensue…

edit: earlier ideas here http://fixed.org.au/forums/index.php/topic,6415.15.html

i’ll be the protagonist in the kensington to northcote film tonight. will post teasers on vimeo.