Longest Distance

The most I have done is about 75km on my ss. I generally only use it for more leisurely rides and take my roadie for the longer rides.

Only ever take bananas and lots of fluid.

~100k’s, fixed. Just had some snakes and two bidons of water (with some lime cordial for flavour). Ate Weetbix for breakfast and had a banana when I left home…

210km, but can’t remember what I ate.

120km with some hills the other day and ate muesli bars, banana, jam sandwich and hot cross buns. Chopped up and packed the sandwich and hotcross buns into in bite size pieces. Just drank water, it’s free.

Bannana’s stop cramps

Don’t think you can guarantee you won’t cramp from eating bananas.

Did a Super Randonneur series on fixed in 2006. SR =
200 in under 13h 30m
300 " " 20h
400 " " 27h
600 " " 40h,all in a year

As the rides get longer, salt in food is more palatable, sugar less so.

365km over two days. I eat something small (100 - 150 calories) each hour and keep one bidon full of weak endura/staminade/etc and the other water. Prefer bananas, muesli bars or the caffeinated chocolate GU energy gels.

If you get cramps, try taking magnesium caps in the lead up to the ride.

Yep your probably right. my mum just told me that they help

Anyone interested in this year’s around the bay on their fixed?

no.

stop trying to bump your post count up brendan, its about to get reset on the new forum anyway :wink:

I did my first 100km today, my legs are absolutely shattered. Started early in the morning with not much of a tail wind averaged about 30km/h then turned around at halfway to go home, it started to rain and that tiny bit of wind might of increased but I was already buggered so my speed took a huge drop. I crawled home.

Is no one else amazed at this amazing achievement!?

280ks on roadie.

If youre going a long distance on a fixed I’d think cog choice would be crucial… on a gear bike you can just change gear to suit the cruising speed…

Actually I did 280 km on my unicycle sometime after my post. It was from Melbourne to Warrnambool and took 22 hours. I was lucky with the weather and the route is fairly flat.

Story here

really? what do you mean?

really? what do you mean?

About 200km over two days has been my longest, and there was definitely a pub in between. Not to talk it up, but that’s a Tasmanian 200km as well, none of this flat Victorian business. And we took the stupidly steep back roads, usually on gravel. The route wasn’t my idea, but I managed to limp my way through it (whilst trying to break in a new saddle as well). Safe to say I’d rather not do it again.

That trip was the inspiration for my CX/touring bike.

I’m certainly impressed, too tough for me.

Ok, that’s saying something.

For all the new forum members who don’t know LWaB, he’s more of a hardman than any of you will ever be.

stories please?