Mac V's PC

Everytime I have turned my Macbook on, it has worked. The battery lasts forever and it feels nice to touch.
I don’t care what is inside it as long as I don’t have to wait for it to load and I’m not always looking for a power point.
I also think Macbook screens are nicer to look at than the similarly priced Windows laptops.
I don’t want to pull apart a computer and tinker with its innards, I just want to turn it on and do whatever it is I feel like.

My work Windows laptop feels terrible to use, it is sluggish and it hurts my eyes if I’m not wearing my glasses. Yes the resolution is set correctly.

All of the above, they just work.

Fully. When I use my gov supplied PC laptop I want to cut my wrists, Mircosoft software interfaces are painful to say the least!

How much do you care about colours in your photos? Everyone else has mentioned UI and price, but have you thought about which one is going to be the easiest and cheapest to calibrate? are you printing?

Yeh, there’s plenty of shitty PCs out there, but there are great ones too that aren’t sluggish, have good screens and plenty of battery life. Also, problems with Macs aren’t unheard of.

I’m not doubting that there is, I’m just stating my experiences.
If it makes any difference, I prefer Android phones to Apple.

Oranges with oranges.

If you build a comparably priced Windows PC you will get similar reliability, screen quality and functionality, especially if you are capable/tech smart enough.

If not, buy a mac.

Personally I have PC’s because I couldn’t afford better. I am now used to the interface, run a lot of PC only architecture software, and am happy.

If you’re only using adobe, and like nice screens, go the mac.

I use a Colour Spider and calibrate every month… Yeah I print via Uni and their Epson Ink Jet systems. Generally only 2-3 test prints before finals, so it’s no biggie… It’s more about re-touching workflow and shortcuts. I am pretty sure Adobe and Apple work in cahoots, so the shortcuts to their tools are easier and flow better on Mac than PC… Maybe I’m just a tad pissy as of late and hating on my PC…

Thanks for the feedback dude…

This probably sums up my question and answers a portion of it in a nutshell… If I was to go the iMac, it would only for editing my photos and video. The PC wold stay as the work horse and running all the other shit I need it to…

I’m happy to have both of the machines in my house, but only if REALLY required… I don’t plan on following the heard… My problem seems to be cost of upgrades to an ‘older’ PC to give it the ability to run 64bit system, more RAM, and better video is dearer than buying boosted up iMac that will already runs 64bit and I can make my Adobe software upgrades easier…

Maybe I’m just being a girls dick… don’t know…

For what you want to do its mac all the way

It is possible to run a mac and microsoft operating systems simultaneously on the same machine.