MASH SF - Crap or not crap?

What everyone’s thoughts on it? It’s been out for a few years now…

I like it, I still think it’s one of the better fixed films out there.

Vote away!

I have seen a crap load of films that are dedicated to a mountain biking, skateboarding and surfing. So if you compare it to something like a good movie in those other genres then I would have to say it is average.

It doesn’t tell a story, the camera work is okay… nothing special and there really isn’t anything groundbreaking about it.

This is a link to the shorts that is one of my fav sport specific movies, I actually saw it on the bigscreen which was awesome.

agreed videography isn’t the best. nothing outstanding that other films dont have. to much zooming around and like ezylee said there isn’ a story behind it or anything. my 2 cents.

Seasons is epic. Rad tune by The Sessions in the trailer too.

meh.
i found MASH kind of boring. Moving wallpaper. maybe i missed something.

Matty, you got Seasons on dvd? Reckon I could borrow it sometime?

The copy I’ve got belongs to Total Rush so I can’t really give it out. Maybe we could do a sneaky burn though but I don’t have a burner.

I haven’t seen any skateboarding videos (short of “The Search For Animal Chin” and “Gleaming The Cube”) that tells a story. The last one I watched properly was Enjoi’s “Bag Of Suck”. In my opinion, MASH is really no different to the skate videos I grew up with.

I had a few ‘oh cool’ moments watching Mash, but after about 20 minutes it got fairly boring and repetitive. Each to their own I guess.

I thought MASH was good when i saw it, like a lot of skate films it suffered a bit for taking so long to make it to DVD. a lot of the ‘tricks’ had gotten old and i had seen a bunch of it in pre-releases for BFFs etc.

then i went and rode around SF… suddenly my opinion of some of the parts shot right up. some of the presidio and downtown hill bombs are mental at any speed.

the best part of MASH for me is still the bonus features. but ill watch a few of the parts time and time again… Gorilla Biscuits in your face!

Shit yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChV5KTtvhgI#t=41s

Wagging school to skate all day, denim jeans, back patches, Slayer, D.R.I., the 80’s were fukn rad! Check out the Natas link in “Related videos” - awesome.

As for MASH, yeah, not on the same level as skate videos, old or new. More like MEH-SH.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but i dont really watch it too much.
i actually prefer to watch the extra raw footage.
I prefer to watch people riding than doing backwards spins bar spins etc.

yeah, my biggest gripe is the lack of narative - Fast Friday is a bit more interesting in that regard.

Mash has a sweet soundtrack though, and now everytime I hear the clapping song by The Meters I just want to go for a ride!

Download ‘seasons’ . its on the internets if you can’t be bothered buying it. It worth one watch. I got over it after that. MTB/Downhill movies are really art faggy cinematography and MTB guys are boring as shit to listen to when they get interveiwed.

art faggy cinematography
[/quote]

You mean, interesting and thought out rather than just following someone on the back of a scooter?

I like the cable cam stuff they do in MTB films.
Wade Simmons in NWD7 comes to mind. it should be on youtube somewhere.

You mean, interesting and thought out rather than just following someone on the back of a scooter?
[/quote]

not at all,

gypo and i were at a recent mtb “movie” premier here in brisbane, and fuck me after the first 2 mins the slow mo shots of guys riding downhill got terrible boring. The interviews were shit and it became apparent that NO downhillers have any sort of grasp on the english language.

I would much rather watch mash for the 58794708th time than another one of these over produced and uninteresting “new” mtb movies…

i might also add, that even before i was racing road and track i originally came from a mtb background so its not that i dont / cant appreciate the riding/skill involved.

Thrashin was rad, i’ll never forget, “Go back to the Valley, dude…”

i still dont know what that means

not at all,

gypo and i were at a recent mtb “movie” premier here in brisbane, and fuck me after the first 2 mins the slow mo shots of guys riding downhill got terrible boring. The interviews were shit and it became apparent that NO downhillers have any sort of grasp on the english language.

I would much rather watch mash for the 58794708th time than another one of these over produced and uninteresting “new” mtb movies…

i might also add, that even before i was racing road and track i originally came from a mtb background so its not that i dont / cant appreciate the riding/skill involved.
[/quote]

What was the new MTB movie?

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but there is a 24 XC race ‘Solo 24’, it is one of those movies that makes you want to get out on your bike and train hard.