MASI Fixed

+1. i’ve ridden my street fixie on the boards at disc a few times now. it goes ok.

you could come down with your brand new masi and have a blast.

get the masi for 500. pake is a heavy-as-shit, non-butted deadweight.
if you do want to get a pake, you can prob get it delivered to yr door from the website cheaper than youll find it in any bike shop in oz.

just don’t rock up with B43s. you’ll get laughed at.

not so! hell, i train on deep Vs…

Doesn’t that apply to the street almost as much as DISC?

burn!

The following errors occurred with your submission
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Anything that tries to cash in the former heritage or brand name after it has been sold is automatically crap. Without the name Masi the frame should be less than half the price if not less. So you’re paying for what exactly ???

Sure, they might be nice rides yada yada … but the original poster asked for opinions and this is mine. I got lots of them :wink:

BTW, you can still buy real Masi’s … built by Alfredo (Faliero’s son) and made in the old shop underneath the Vigorelli velodrome in Milan. For the life of me I can’t remember the trading name he now goes by or have the contact details but can ask around if someone’s really keen. Not cheap of course.

Milano3v by Alberto Masi

Yes, but if you look at that you’ll see a Connecticut Yankee address and phone details, which is his US importer. Not direct contact info for Alberto.

Thanks - good to know your thinking, and I see your point, although by your reckoning, given the Masi being discussed is $500, and components are say $400 retail, we should be able to pick up double butted Cromoly frames for around $50 - bring that on!! :cool:

If we were all practical and rode what made sense there’ wouldn’t be any forums, or even any brands for that matter. This love of bikes we have is about passion, not logic and I find it hard to feel any passion about Masi’s built by somebody who doesn’t even care about bikes let alone defines their life by them (see Faliero, Alberto et al). If it’s then only about money (and the cost of things) then I’m not sure if we’ll meet up to discuss this further on www.accountancy.org/hipsters

Spirito, have you been reading the Masi website?? looks like you have a very similar philosophy deep down!
“Masi bicycles are still painstakingly crafted with the rider and ride both first and foremost in mind- not the latest manufacturing craze or with the sole purpose of being the lightest bike on the market. What good is light weight or exotic manufacturing if the bike does not ignite your passion to ride? To this day, we design each Masi with the same principles as the great master builder Faliero Masi – it has to disappear underneath the rider and become an extension of the rider’s movements and power. Beyond that, each Masi is designed to speak to that part of your soul that says simply “I want to go for a ride today”.”

Ad copy and marketing doesn’t do it for me. I’ve seen both versions in the flesh and I have no doubts as to which “does it for me”. 20 years down the track I’d have forgotten the money and know which I’d rather have kept in the shed for those early morning solo rides. That sort of joy is a small price to pay

I can’t help but agree with this, go and have a look at a vintage (or even slightly less so Gran Criterium or 3V) and you tell me if the new Masi is the real deal or marketing BS

Not only that but in my not so scientific experience the prettiest bike (the one I’ve lusted after for the longest time) is also the best riding bike. Noobs waste too much time searching for effete intangibles such as stiffness or aero or computer design or high tech unobtanium materials to help them choose a bike … I always advise to buy bikes solely on colour :wink:

I am old skool

I always suggest the one with out the U lock. lol

full face

I like pretty bikes, sure. But Cheap and nasty can be fun.