[MEL] Sat 21st - Fixed time trial??

Careful, or you’ll be sent off last! Nah that will be reserved for Steve. Rider number ‘01’.

ahahaha - no rules, just ride the course. If you find someone to collaborate with, then good on youse :slight_smile:

as for the Eddy Merckx Grand Prix… FYAARRKYEEAARRGH!

when is the real one on?

Cool.

Steve,
I’ll do the navigating if you let me draft you. Once we’re in sight of the finish, you’re on your own :slight_smile:

it’s a deal!
bring on the sprint finish

Course map now available: PDF

More directions will be given out on the day.

Good work Nath, I might not get lost now.

Yeah right who am I kidding :smiley:

A map?

Now I know I’ll get lost…

pfft. you’ll be fine. There will be adequate indication on the course, directions and others riding.

Stem cards (aka directions) are printed & laminated.

Course is ready.

All we need now is you: The reader!

Come on down and have a go. Everyone is welcome… fixed, freewheel, geared or recumbent.

7:30am Saturday

Federation Square

Great ride. Thanks ndf and damo for organising and marking the course (even though I say two markers all day and one was at the finish).

And thanks to Omar for media coverage.

And thanks to Steve for causing me to beat him at the finish :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who showed up and had a go.

The end result was perfect! Confusion, chasing, grouping and luck at lights. I don’t think that anyone rode the entire route, and most people rode something extra not on the route… that’s awesome!!

The sprint finale was brilliant. Let’s do it again some time. But yeah, next time: Eddie Merckx Grand Prix style.

Big thanks to Omar and Damoh for helping with the organisation, cards, stencils, route and for putting in the long hours Friday night… champion.

If anyone would like to have a go at the course over the next few days, I have a bunch of ‘directions’ stem cards left. Let me know and you can post your time here. The course stencils should be visible for another week or so.

ride on. :slight_smile:

YEAH!!! what they said.

what a great day, good work guys

HaHa thats priceless…Go Steve…Allez! Allez! Allez!

ha ha look out super comuters