Melbourne for a month.

I know exactly what you mean. I can’t believe I’ve gone “bell-less” for so long. It’s hilarious. You can see people’s shoulders hunch in irritation as you merrily ‘ding’ them on approach. My only concern is I might start thinking beards and panniers are funny too …

According to Nik, I’m not a beardo and he won’t associate with me because of it.

WOW, this got waaaaay off topic…

Not true, you aren’t a true ‘beardo’ sans facial hair, and its only when you ride ‘the travesty’ that i have issues with riding with you.

But back on topic - if tricks are your thing/interest going past melbourne museum/imax most nights will find you with a crew to ride with.
this forum also spawns a number of smaller rides (both on/offline) so come out to a few rides and make yourself known and you’ll be finding new corners of the city in no time.

so you might be able to explain to me exactly what “sharking” is?

Isn’t sharking when you run around pulling off womens strapless tops? cos if so, I don’t want anything to do with it.

I’d also like to know.

My friend has a big paconi frame i’m sure you’d be able to use while you’re here. It’s not built up at the moment but he might have spare wheels lying around and shitty cranksets.

PM user JDW.

Where abouts will you be living in Melbourne?

mr_dylan i think you might be hiding something here with the sharking, just sayin’

Urban Dictionary: sharking

because on facebook their ride invites always talk about how they go “sharking”.

still waiting on information. i hope it’s not the urban dictionary definition.

recinded comment

circling what?

I usually just stop and put my foot on the ground. Much easier that way.

it’s not circling anything brendan, just riding around awkwardly in a very small circle whilst waiting for the light to turn green… generally the guy who is too cool to put his foot down and ends up looking like a complete tool.

Thus the reason i put my foot down. I look a big enough tool as it is, no need to exasperate it…:slight_smile:

i think i read about this on bike snob.