Melbourne Gravel Grinders #7 - King of Lake

what about my not riding hard enough?

First apologies for not sending these photos to Angry after TWBD.

Mt Evarard Track Walk

I’ve tried to hold a wheel on what you guys call a"Recovery Ride". Not gonna waste my energy this time

More Photos from the last TWBD

Mount Evarard Track Breather

There will be walking

hey angry, does this one have snack/lunch stops anywhere on the route? was nice to have lunch on the last one, just curious if that is an option this time round…?

if not, might have to head to the shops tonight for a few supplies (muesli bars etc).

also really need one of those 5 sided pentagon tools to lift the saddle on my girlfriends bike. the lbs put them on her front and back wheels and the seatpost bolt, then she lost the tool…

anyone got one they can bring along tomorrow???

Grinder + Steel rod?

i have neither of those.

Shops at Kinglake @ 30km and Yarra Glen @ 50-something km.

perfect, was hopin the little shop at kinglake would be an option. thanks angry!

Word is there’s a farmers market at Yering Station, just a couple of km from Yarra Glen.

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GO ROLLY!

(Our favourite edible sponsor Iain from Fruition Bakery will be there)

hmmmm, we are running low on kale… hahaha

I’m going. I hear farmers markets are all the rage.

serious? could be a nice wee side trip…

The Scot is rubbing off on you.

Painter’s radio?

Thanks Angry and Blakey,

My first Gravel Grinder and it was super fun! …even if it was a MASSIVE wake up call telling me to sort my shit out, ride more and regain much lost fitness.

Cheers.

If you are going to pay your taxes on the bike (and I certainly paid them yesterday), at least you can do it surrounded by good dudes.

If someone happened to find some black knog winter gloves (likely at hurstbridge) i’d be happy to see them again. if not, they can go on the ‘missing list’ with my climbing legs and reubens keys.

Awesome ride.

I gotta get gears, or more fitness or better shoes for walking up hills in or all of the above :stuck_out_tongue:
still the Mt slide road (i think) descent more than made up for it.

Also managed to sell most of the random hats i’d shoved in my bag, along with 2x ranga’s for rolly and 2x ikea soft furnishings specials for lauren, whihc was a bonus

fucking rad day. some of those descents were amazing, and the slippery descents were hilarious. i binned it at walking pace twice coz i couldn’t unclip, both occasions resulting in many lolz. took FOREVER to finish, finally getting to hurstbridge 3 minutes after the train left resulting in a 40 minute wait. totally worth it.

thanks again to angry, such a well planned day and the course notes were spot on. not sure about that last section, that was a total bastard.