melbourne race results.

this reminds me that i miss this and i should get back into it, stat.

doo eeettt! Hawthorne would be more your kinda gig though i suspect.

and you really ought to get your money’s worth before you gotta buy a new one…

Cyclesport also covers you for health related expenses if you have an accident out on a ‘training’ ride.

All the 'cross racing i have done was many times my monies worth. :slight_smile:
This would be sprinkles on the doughnut. I like doughnuts…

Fuck buying a CSV racing licence, I’m gonna buy $250 worth of doughnuts!

3 races for 260 bucks? uh…

1. You forgot Wollongong and Canberra

you could’ve bought 5 1-day permits for less!

uh… i think you are missing the point. plus, you failed to factor in that with each BCC membership comes a respite from the perennial sales pitches to sign up with the club. that alone is worth quite a bit… :stuck_out_tongue:

true. and, like TC says, the accident coverage is nice - especially given the broad definition of “training ride”. if blakey had hit his head while taking a swim in the yarra the other day, CSV would’ve looked after him.

Sime, come back to the track - riding on the road is only gonna get you so far and getting ‘ks’ on the legs sounds like an excuse.

Best way to get good at track is to race track.

I will be showing up to Hawthorn crits on Wednesday for more humiliation after making my debut a few weeks ago and coming last in C grade - I could say that I sat up on the final climb as the pointlessness of contesting for not coming last became apparent or that I didn’t sit out a lap like about 5 others - but I won’t.

Sandown suits me way better. Am not built for hills thats for sure.

SW

I’ll see you there Stu! Just got bumped up to C grade at Hawthorne. Hills suit me better…

I find it amusing that you boys talk about being “bumped up” to C grade. Here in Vegas most new riders go straight into B grade and if enough people show up we sometimes run a C grade as well. With summer here it is getting better and I think it should get split up a bit more with the serious racing starting up. With that I can expect to drop grades quicker than a $2 hooker’s panties.

@Antmandan - i’d almost pay to see the carnage that would ensue if n00bs were dumped into B grade @ Sandown or St Kilda. it’d be amazing… to watch. I’d guess the broken parts bill would be in the tens of thousands for sure :wink:

oh - and since this is an all results thread i behooves me to include the following:
Narranbundah CX Race:
Singlespeed Class

1st - A. “el Diablo” Blake (with a smart race and then final velodrome lap that decimated his 29er opponent)
3rd - B “Phantom Menace” Dowling (massive effort to shatter the field, before losing a bit of steam)

Womens
1st - K.Lansell (First race, first place)

Open Class
1st - J.Sawyer ($5 BCC “First out of the track” Preem winner, smart race, and stylin cross form - the rest of the field didnt know what hit them)
3rd - N.Cee (good start to mouth puke to comfortable 3rd… to bucket head dunk)

Go Team!

way to represent! all killer, no filler!

Fine showing by Brunswick CC members Jeremy (squiggle) and James (HMC) at last night’s C grade Hawthorn crits - Jeremy taking out 3rd after both of them coming up from D grade the week before.

Class.

few nice pics of tuesday night racing here:

clear and present danger | fyxomatosis

including a glorious one of kiwicyclist’s moustache…

Just a quick shout out to Brendan and his infinite wisdom guiding me to 2nd place in the C grade handicap at DISC last night.

heh heh heh… handicaps, god love em. didn’t go totally to plan - they never do - but the end result was satisfying nonetheless.

i think i’m still hurting from our scratch race… half a lap more and i would’ve blown like… well… let’s just say that TC would’ve caught me.