Messenger Bags

i gotta say pip, i’m really fucking impressed. have you thought about talking to vegan wares about their fake leather? man, that would rule.

thanks man!
haha, danny kept asking me if i could make him a bag made of leather, but i wasn’t too into that idea. vegan wares never popped into my head, i guess i’ll suss it out!

[quote="good rats "]

thanks man!
haha, danny kept asking me if i could make him a bag made of leather, but i wasn’t too into that idea. vegan wares never popped into my head, i guess i’ll suss it out!
[/quote]Have you got any pics?

nah I don’t, user: samuel took some though. this first bag isn’t that pretty anyway, it was just a test type bag. hopefully this next one turns out a bit nicer.

Thats awesome Pip!!!
I had no idea you made a bag… Tom told me last night!
Keen to see it :slight_smile:
I’m trying to put one together myself at the moment too.
The one I have is horrible, and impossible to ride through traffic with.

Pip’s bag…

Looks like you’ve only got half an arm in that second photo, Pip…

About time gots some pics up in this

and half a head

Thanks Sam.

I’ve got everything for a new bag, but I don’t know where to get some decent canvas material from. Can someone possibly point me in the right direction?

sail makers have offcuts. there is a sailmaker on brighton rd near Alma Rd in stkilda. my girlfriend got some for stuff she was making. they also have that vinyl stuff that some of those waterproof messenger bags (ortlieb??) are made of.

Free too.

hope that is some help, i can find the name if you want.

I have a Seagull Black Bag coming in the mail… have heard nothing but good things about these, but am curious as to how it compares to the Reload I’ve been using recently. Also it’s huge.

They had seagulls at KK when I was there.
They are great!!!

not sure if anyones chucked this up yet, but i about 3 months ago i really wanted to have a go at making a bag, but due to impending exams i decided against it, but i did do some research.

this guys webside is probably the best if you want to make your own, all his designs are made with vinyl from sign making.

if anyone gets there hand on a big banner, in melbourne, i love to have a section of it, and give his ideas a try.

there is also a neat way of making them out of old garbage bags on youtube

but i don’t like the idea of all the fumes

Hi all…

I recently snapped the main buckle on my Bagaboo Workhorse Pro, while cleverly trying to carry a 30 stubbies, a handgull of change, tools and some dirty riding kit. Anyway, the new one has arrived and I need to unpick and re-sew the webbing/seatbelt material to attach the clippy bit.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to get this done? auto trimmers? I noticed a reference to sailmakers up there which could be an option. Anyones Grandma have a big fuggoarf sewing machine?

Also, Bagaboo customer service is great. It arrived from Hungary within a week, and was acompanied by 2 stickers and a bagaboo bottle opener. Thats right TWO fucking stickers! No questions asked about age or how it happened or anything. I know its only a buckle, but they were good.

there’s some equipment repair place on little bourke that will sort you out. google!

Got em! Remote Equipment Repairs - Home Page

Thanks for that.

that’s them. i’ve had repairs done there. they were, if memory serves, relatively inexpensive.

this was an excellent example of the search function in use.

Dig dig dig.