My Disco appreciation thread.

Or nerd. :wink:

could i grab that link too LAM. cheers

seriously!?! two favourite bands in the world, circa one year ago at least.

cancer vs. paradise is one of those headspin mindbattles for me, but i think cancer wins since i heard it first. then again paradise is the only album they possibly could have made to top it…

out of interest, was anyone at their show at some gay bar in newcastle, somewhere near Wickham station, maybe 3 or 4 years ago? with Limited Express: Has Gone? don’t know how they ended up at that venue but it was a rad little show. My sister had seen them in brissie the night before, then jumped in the car and followed them down for the next night. I took the train up from sydney for it. Worth the travelling i think.

oooohhhhh so that’s the word that you type to get APPLES… it makes sense now!

well i have only read about this band and shit i must own all recordings;reminds me of early Shelac (steve albini for production sound as awell as its a-rythmic nature. ), Rape Men, jesus lizard, polvo(to a lesser extent) and finaly a bit of Leather Nun… does that date me or are the kidz aware of these things…not calling anyears out there ignorant, but refered to Portishead about a week ago and 4 out of 6 people had no fukin idea… iwent home and cried.

about that - yeah, i think most kids appreciate the Albini connection. I hope so anyway. my disco are such massive stalkers of albini, i’m glad they’re kind of getting away from that direction, just for the sake of originality.
They’re named after a big black song, liam plays Travis Bean bass (for that harsh aluminium big black/shellac sound) and then they went all the way over to Electrical Audio to record paradise… so they’re not really hiding their influences.

and polvo! also before my time but sooo good.

true nothing wrong in influences but to be a mash-up(to usea modern term) of them is no good…predictable, which My Disco are def. not. to hear a industrial diso thing is great makes me wish i still went to the discoteque instead of watching the bill double on saturdaynight drinking my homebrew making bikes …anyway big black is def there to and that 'alll-mid slapy bass sound…mmm

you are old. noone cares about steve albini, industrial, math rock or portishead these days :evil:

Yeah, I HATE that shit. :wink:

Big MD fan. I think language of numbers is still my favourite release.

Goddamn mainland snakes.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140342842716&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
ist 7"

Ha! I have a saved search on the bay for that, but the monkey didn’t actually put the title on the auction page so I wasn’t notified…(even though I’ve already got it - I was actually after the Collapse/Language Of Numbers CD.)

i could be convinced to part with my copy of this… for the right price…

Well… this is different.

//youtu.be/DcLEOVYXrq8

Language of numbers is by far my favourite e.p released by any band.
Paradise is their finest album in my opinion.
Looking forward to seeing them again…I’ts been a while.

I’m keen to see them now that Rohan is probably not playing acoustic drums.

I struggle to seperate them, but I continue to be impressed by Little Joy. Rivers - so good.

Yeah, Little joy is definitely up there. I love the bass drum/open snare sections he plays through most of the album.
JLN, why would he not be using acoustic drums?

Apparently Rohan is now programming electronic drums, like on the track I posted above. I’m not sure if it will be a recorded thing only, or if it’s just for this new album, but yeah I’ve read a few different posts on forums about it.

?

I kinda like what’s going on with new My Disco. Although I actually wish they would just release this dorky sounding song over and over again. Fucking love it

//youtu.be/_TFY18tE5sc