My Fixie Build Thread

I know where you can get a White Industries ENO eccentric hub for $200.
I believe it’s a 36 hole.

I’m going to try and see if i can get it right as is…if not hit me up with details

So long as the axle is long enough, the wheel fit in the frame, but you still need to sort out chain tension.

Or you can get a Forward Components eccentric BB for ~AUD180. But they require outboard bearing cranks. Overall, it’s probably cheaper and simpler than building an ENO rear wheel.

I’ve got both and from my experience I’d probably go the EBB over the ENO…and I’m a big fan of White Industries hubs.

Ok well it’s not mine but if you want it I’ll get the details. It’s on another forum.

Is it used? Because you can buy ENOs new for around $220 or so.

looked them up, pretty cool thing

Australian Cycling Forums • View topic - WTB: Brisbane: 36 Hole Rear TRack Hub

Post doesn’t say but I assumed used. I can check if you like.
Also I might have a 36 hole AeroHead Silver rim if you want to build something up…

Jump on it fast! :rolleyes:

frame painted - flat black

sorry for crappy iphone pics

^ Nice. Who was it that said “if in doubt, paint it matt black.” Spraycan job or do you have a spray booth?

spray can job…never doing it again though…im just going to pay someone to powder coat next time…not worth it

headset and forks fitted

matt black, cant go wrong. You clear coat it yet?

here’s my rear hub problem…its about by about 4 - 5mm on each side

do you think axle spacers would work?

Like I already said…

So long as the axle is long enough, the wheel fit in the frame, but you still need to sort out chain tension.

So the axle is obviously long enough, but you still need a way to tension the chain.

nah…just going to leave as is

just a pic to show you where im at

yellow tyre on rear will not be staying…just there so i dont scratch rim

wasn’t your wheelset silver?
also you could have filled those holes in the frame with builders bog. just patch it up then sand it back and paint over
looking good though

ps. why didn’t you use the velocity wheels that came with the bike in the beginning?

yeh but i think the blue looks better…i want to get the frame powdercoated soon, so ill get holes filled in…not really fussed about it now