my new build

some better pics

Looks awesome… if you happened to run a brake on the front, would the fork flex enough so that the tyre would hit the down tube? (looks damn tight!)

The 853 forks are pretty stiff so I don’t know bout that
I will not drill the forks and it’s all abit tight so it would be a tuff thing to set up…
It’s easy to skid but is very twichy I had a stack last nite when another rider I was riding with clipped my front wheel the rake on these forks is so steap it just snapped out from under me… I took 99% of the fall so that ok…
I recon we road 40-50kms last night and it was killa I had a ball!

:slight_smile:

What is that chain? I’ve seen top tubes narrower than that meat axe…

tiz a wippermann 1G8

it’s a no drama, no snap, slightly noisy thing but it’s no longer the weakest link on the bike…

it may be a meat axe but it is as strong as one and it will never snap while riding your favourite track bike ( or converted roadie as one may prefer ) down a large hill with no brakes

you should see it in real life it’s quite a looker…

Nah gypsy it aint the one built by shifters, its a complete roadie with Sach new success gear I grabbed of the bay. Its a biggish frame, 62.5cm c/c, so I gather there’d be some thickness to the walls of the tubes at that length!

Just saw one of those chains in the flesh today :-o pictures will never do it justice.

V nice ride by the way, love the Perko.

Just saw this on Velobase while browsing through.

Reynolds 853 when introduced in 1995, set new standards for steel bicycle tubing. The strength to weight ratio of 853 is equal to that of quality titanium frames. Normal chrome molybdenum steel will lose strength in the joints after welding, 853 actually increases in strength as the frame. This unique air hardening property of Reynolds 853 provides additional stiffness through reduced micro yielding at the joints, allowing stiffer frames with excellent fatigue strength (when compared to standard chrome molybdenum) and excellent ride quality.

Says it on his knuckles…

the ride quality is very lively you try to ride around as much as you can… :slight_smile:

i compared a smaller frame a mate has (54cm) to mine and the wheel base is close to been the same :o there is very little fork rake and there is very little you can do about the pedal cage/wheel overhang short of changing the forks… just have to take it easy in tight spaces…

i am very fond of the wee thing

big kev helped pay for a set of MKS alpha double straps and a set of nitto b25020aa flat sweep bars…

thanks big kev!

WOW - nice lookin build!

ok got the mks ‘alphas’ doubles and the nitto flat sweeps todaY, ditched the brakes…

looks pretty dam nice without grips…

grips are a bit of a must in winter so the no grips is a photo shoot thing!

come summer i might have to abstain though…

Loose the front spoke card, that bike does not need it. nor does it look good.

other then that looks sweet

(putting it out there i HATE my soma grips, i would advise not to get them)

the only cards i run are from street meets i’ve been to
it’s there thanks to lepistaresistance not cause i’m a hipster…
one has to support your mates…

IMHO it needs grips. No bar ends on a flat bar looks sketchy as.
What colour grips you doing? Those black straps look nice.
so I reckon black grips would look nice :slight_smile:

Black ourys

drops? would look hot with em.

yes drops or risers… flats are just stuck WAYYYY in between!

i don’t usually like flat bars, but those work for me.

if you’re going to add grips, do something super low profile.

Yeah go some SOYO’s or something.