Mystery Record Track Bike

not TT but 11 (upside down Ms Jane!)

All the McBains I have seen look different.

Any idea what it means?

^ yes it means 11. The 11th bike to be made.

well that’s what mine means anyway

Wow, nice transformation. love the rims. i have seen those types of luggs before, and they look sweet, especially when you highlight them i.e. tape off bars, spray them individually and then tape that off and spray the bars a seperate colour. nice build though on such a sweet frame. you have done it justice!

They’re the nicest cranks around in my opinion. I got them on my Erba NJS frame. This frame is going to come up really really nice for sure. Lucky dude, I got my eyes peeled on the look out for some gold like this.

Updated:

So i managed to clean it up and get it running.
Still have a few more upgrads required.

Lapize cages I got didnt fit so I am after a new pair.
Also after a 19t cog.
After new year ill get it painted. Currently i am thinking a similar shade of red.

+2

hello.

Pretty sure that frame is a TEAM PACONI.

I had one identical.

Lugs, Campy dropouts and tips, double fork crown and serial# number on the bottom bracket are all pretty much spot on. Even the colour is the same. Speaking to Kevin at PACONI, I think the “11” on the BB shell related to the paint code.

I’d send them a friendly email and ask the question.

cheers

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
Do you have any pictures of the frame?
I searched but came up with nothing similar to mine.
Also can you PM me Kevin from Paconi’s email address if you have it?
cheers.

no problem. Don’t have any pics and the guy I sold it to is OS for 4 weeks. I can get some when he’s back.

Don’t know Kevin’s email address off hand. Just give em a call.

Good Luck.

I have a frame like this and mine definitely has “TT” stamped on the BB shell and “7314” stamped into the downtube lug.

If you look closely it also has “Reynolds 531” stamped around the seatstay bridge.

I bought mine years ago off a guy in Bendigo and have just sold it to a guy in London. Mine is stickered up as a “Gibson” but the bloke I bought it off assured me it wasn’t a Gibson just painted by them.

From when I bought it around 2004

Twin plate fork crown

“Reynolds 531” around seat stay bridge

Anyway, I just brought it back to London from Oz and sold it so had a quick look around to try and ID it and found this thread with some similar bikes on it.

hip

McBain rolled 2nd in monstertrack.

tightest frame I ever owned. Couldn’t trackstand no hands or it would turn on itself.

double plate crown also.

WAY too small (see post / 135mm drop stem). Listed as a 58, but it was 56.5. Later powdercoated pink.

TC,

do you have any closer pictures of the double plate crown?

It has been driving me crazy not being able to find an exact frame like this (my OCD twitch).

Update on this bike is that it has been stripped and will soon be powdercoated gold…

Sorry to dig this thread up, I was just wondering where this puppy was at? Did you find out the builder? Is it being restored? Does it now sport Aerospokes and bullhorns? Is it for sale? :smiley:

The bike is now fluro pink and orange with aerospoke front and spinergy rear and flipped tri-bars. The bike is mainly used for cross and stunts now days.

All jokes aside I have not touched the bike since I pulled it apart. I never fully confirmed it was a McBain and the closest example I can find is Andys (TC) bike as mentioned above. But I have not really seen detailed pics of that bike either.
So far the plan is still to restore (mainly polish the parts and paint the frame) but it has taken a back seat to some other priorities in me life. Im not really keen to sell but send me a pm with what you have in mind if you are interested.

just fixing your pic links, I hope