Nearly finished toughroader

This is the peg in the last hole of my bike collection for a good while.

A few months ago i sold off a few bikes trying to have some space and also get a road bike that could handle a bit of dirt road action on commutes if the mood took me. I had planned to put a drop bar on frankemuter but then this came up and i couldnt believe my eyes! frame, fork, headset and bb are from old owner, but the rest is new. Rode it to work for the first time today and its everything that i had hoped… ultra stiff rear triangle and nice strong fork that will take a pounding. The thumbie works a treat and the J bar is better than i thought it would be… my hands just keep finding new positions to love.

I’ll get a pair of new rings for it soon (thinking 36/48) and have a new ultegra FD to chuck on when I do. But I couldnt resist putting this up since I’ve been telling a few of you about it for a while now.

Pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnopower/4701707392/

Frame and fork - Ritchey MountCross, fillet brazed by Tom Ritchey, 1999.
Headset - King
Hubs - King
Cassette - Sram XO 11-34
Spokes - DT revolution
Rims - DT RR 1.1
Tires - 25mm duraskins (40mm Duro for softroad adventures)
BB- not sure, but its nice.
Cranks - Ritchey logic compact (compact in the old sense - 94bcd)
Ring - Ritchey 2x9 44t (yes ritchey was rocking two chainring set ups 10years before XX. The sachs front twist shifter that came with it has “2 speed for Ritchey” written on the underside)
Chain - Wipperman 908
Rear Derailleur- XT shadow GS
Stem - Ritchey WCS 130mm
Bar - Titec J bar no rise
Shifter - 7700 Dura Ace on Paul Thumbie
Brakes - Tektro mini V with XT V levers
Seatpost - Kalloy (anyone have a nice 27.0, long, black post with setback?)
Saddle - Arione

Classiest stable on the forums.

(Can we get a Ritchey family photo?)

That is a really nice looking bike
the J Bar rules too…

Thank you, sir! and yes, that family photo will be lovingly composed and uploaded soon :slight_smile:

Agreed.

JP should have his own radio show.

JP, please stop buying things that I would like to have for myself.

You’re not helping.

new bars, double chainset and a new pair of wheels (ritchey wcs/dt comp/rr465). King wheels are now on the wife’s kelly.

Imgur

Really nice JP!

Now that’s what true love will do for you.

Hey JP - I now have my hardtail up in Canberra with the folks, so I’ll be in touch for a ride weekend shortly (I hope).