new to fixies

hey ima new to fixies, and i have some Q’s :?

how do i know what size frame is good for me?

can anyone help me find somewhere where i can get either a track frame or complete, preferably second hand.

if im getting a frame i need advice on how to “fixify” the rear wheel and any other parts that need it.

and any other tips you think id need

best way of sizing yourself up for a frame is going into a bike shop and pretending you want to buy one of theirs, they’ll size you up, suss ebay for second hand stuff, and go to www.sheldonbrown.com and read up on his fixed gear section! :smiley:

I love these posts.

cheers i’ll do that

I cringe and have visions of innocent young folk being crushed under trams :cry:
Spend a day walking around the cbd and you may see where Im coming from.

I cringe and have visions of innocent young folk being crushed under trams
Spend a day walking around the cbd and you may see where Im coming from.

Oh yeh, I love sitting in the sun on my lunch on Swanston st watching the uni kids cane up and down out of control. Sooo many close calls.

Hey wasn’t that you riding down Little Lonsdale St on your Pista IN THE WRONG DIRECTION a bit after 6 tonight?! :evil:
I almost crashed into you… :mrgreen:

Ha ha, yup. You’re lucky I saw you coming and turned my light on.

It’s looking pretty sweet with the trispoke… Did anyone reply to you re the Wednesday night ride? Come November I’ll be in for sure!

Ha ha. $150 eBay special, you gotta love tri-athletes.

I posted the Wed night thing a bit late so I had no joy. Bring on daylight savings.

If you’re so new to riding that you don’t know what size frame you need, then the best tip I can give you is run brakes so you don’t die.

Hey Lach, definitely spend some time on www.sheldonbrown.com that should fix up all your technical/parts related questions.

What size is the frame you are riding now? You could always take it into a bike shop and get them to have a look at your riding position. if this is your first bike for a while then can i suggest riding with a freewheel for a while. Riding fixed will probably scare the shit out of you if your not pretty confident on a bike already. Perhaps a flip-flop hub?