Hhaha yeah, Your right. first google pics that came up at a good size.

@yonyonson.
Seriously man, Have a good read through sites like sheldon brown and forum help sections…Use seach functions, google and youtube heaps and youll learn a lot of stuff pretty quickly. Best way to not get Completely flamed on forums and feel shit. (like I just did for posting that dropout above :D)

cool, cheers for the info…already got a nice road bike…the fixie is a commuter to work bit of fun…have ridden track before but been years since been out there tho…other fixie looking at which my bro going try get in for me is the norco - spade…

besides bike exchange and other bike forums, anyone know of a good spot to advertise a road bike for sale?
Road bike = Ridley Damocles…

some call it ebay

[QUOTE=alexb618;267977]after you ride fixies for a while you start to become more aware of your surroundings. you get this kind of ‘zen’ connection with the road and all sorts of associated skills. one of these skills is being able to anticipate sweet conversions because you now look a few blocks ahead and not just a few cars ahead.[/QUOTE

This is the best thing you have ever written. Ever.

This is the best thing you have ever written. Ever.

Does even make sense?

If you’ve ridden track before - even a few years back - see if any of your old riding buddies have old frames sitting in their sheds. Or go to the track and put up a flyer.

Be heaps nicer than a norco.

ps. Ignore my previous post, and welcome from one kieran to another.

I-R-O-N-Y

[quote=“nathann,post:27,topic:47123”]

Does even make sense?[/QUOTE]

It makes so much sense.

Even in reply to the question asked? Lol.

Yup.

It’s a “zen” thing.

cool thanks all for the posts…
appreciate all the help and suggestions.

I actually welcomed the berating I received from John for being daft above Alex’s zen reply.