#newbikeday

Don’t get a Noah with a crack in it

Having a dig at Ridley?

No. As usual, having a dig at Alex. Sorry Alex.

i read that as "Don’t get on the ark if it’s got a crank in it.

True - but one of the aims is to have two functional bikes, one for training and one for racing. Currently I’ve got ultegra which is good, but it’s done a lot of KM’s and is already 3rd hand. I’d rather get some newer parts. I wanted to get Di2 but couldn’t really afford it and the DA deal came up.

As Dayne said, I already own the wheels.

@SK - will def be getting Ward TI spindles, will order them next week. Dubious about the TI plates for the speedplays, I heard they get ripped up pretty easy. I’m going to be doing an order to toronto cycles for all the bolts etc needed when I finally (finally) get the frame.

The Cranks came with some campy 11 speed rings - I’ll weigh them shortly and let you know about the praxis rings - thanks for the offer!

I’ve been doing some reading and heaps of people are rating the yoko cables over heaps of other WW and stock cables. When I get the frame I’ll measure it up and let you know on the cables! Thanks!

Why you hate so much!

Haven’t ridden - am still deciding. Would like to go an SMP - have heard good things about them!

I wouldn’t have a training bike, once you ride the nice bike you won’t ride the training bike.

Very true. It’s always nice to have a spare bike / wheels etc etc. The Trek was actually gifted to me by my uncle so I can always put the old Ultegra back on it and gift it back to my cousin or a family member :slight_smile:

I think bang for buck it would be very difficult to beat a china frame, they’ve come along way. Talking brand new of course.

Do you think most of us could tell the difference in blind folded test? not that we would ride blind folded, but you get my drift.

No hate. Only joy. Joy obtained through taking the piss. Something about dancing and Goldman and revolution

hmc is a hatter

hates hats

Free hat!

@doomith stay away from the Toronto cycles ti… Is really soft and to be honest low quality… If you buy from them you’ll be doing it twice. And the dulight ti plates are good. I got 6-7000kms on mine and they are totally sweet. I won’t steer you in to anything that’s not gona last :wink:

Thanks buddy!

If the cables I have for the ilinks are too short you can just replace em with a cheap set. I have a ton of liner and housing which is the important thing. No point in getting all weight weenie on this machine then using anchor chain for the cable set :wink:

yes

i couldnt =(

a friend of the forum and saint cloud race team member delfonso, had a china frame as his race frame for 2 years, thought it was fine, ugraded recently and now cant belive he wasted all that time on a china frame, note this was just a frame and fork swap out everything else stayed the same,

Hey how about a bmc ill pm you