Non-UCI sanctioned TDF Fantasy League thread

Crap… I keep hearing really good stories about Sagan and as an ex-CX PRO I’m even more partial to him. He was one of my ‘bargain’ picks.

I had Kloden in my first lineup but ran out of $$ so had to switch him. Anyone want to give me an extra 100,000? I have my eyes on someone else interesting… :wink:

Yeah, it’s a shame Sagan isn’t riding. The kid has been awesome this season.

I’m in with Pooton-Servette

Agreed. I scored Wiggins for a bargain. Epo Warriors, eating a big bowl of pasta as we speak.

Team Germ - Transmission is ready to roll…

This is a pretty big league too.

no points for prologue? booooooooo.

team zakSpeed is fired up and ready to bring the pain!

Is your team named after the motor racing team from Germany?

So obviously most of you didn’t realised that its best to have sprinters in your team for the first week and then . Go Team X!

Dammit, took petacchi out for karpets due to the hair, and wouldn’t you know that petacchi wins and karpets cuts his hair

I disagree…

What’s the deal? Yesterday, before the race, I used all six of my weekly transfers to stack my team with sprinters (including Petacchi) for this first week but didn’t get the points for them. Is it just broken, or am I missing something?

[edit] So, I found the small print, and apparently transfers have to be made by 9am AEST each day. FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK, I just missed out on a stack of points. Why don’t they put that shit on a prominent part of the page.

Yeah, but the points for final standings at the end are worked out on your initial team. I’m hoping Cadel, Armstrong and Pistolero get a 1,2,3 so I can grab a heap at the end. I’m getting bonus points for having Cancellara in yellow. Plus when Cav can get his arse up to the front on the coming stages I’m hoping a bucket of points can start flowing my way. Go team NJS Potato Farmers!

They were in the 80’s weren’t they?
Kinda yes and cause zaks my name…
It’s what I’d call any race team if I owned one!

If we have to lock our team in for the stage by 9am (local time) then im going to have to start coming to work earlier…

argh first hansen is out with a collarbone, now vande velde out with broken ribs, my team is cursed!!

I’m doing poorly. I obviously don’t understand this game.
Where’s the cheat menu?

i’ve never understood fantasy leagues of anything, and i can’t say i really want to either… my brain has limited space as is. you guys seem to be having fun though, my money is on team “NJS potato Farmers” (although the name really needs apples and cock in there somewhere…)

I’m flattered but I think your faith may be misplaced :wink:

However I think I might have cleaned up tonight!