numb fingers

Thanks for the tips everyone.
Yes I’m doing it in the chair so hopefully it won’t be too $$.
You’ll hear all my winging on the weekend no doubt!

Oh, and sorry for the threadjack Liam!

Blocks you up bigtime too. uuuugh.

def get some stewed prunes or dates or something to help you make some music on the throne… or you’ll be in more discomfort than you know…

wisdom teeth is the only op I’ve had that I took pain killers for after i was released (even shoulder reco i didnt need them) and they gave me oxycontin for the pain. that shit messes you up big time. heaps of fun while you’re on it tho :evil:

also, dom at first place osteo will sort you out. maybe not for your wisdom teeth, but definitely for bike fit / hand numbness.

Apparently John Kennedy is good. Though I’ve never had a bike fitted by him, I have had several customers give positive feedback.

304 Beach Road
Black Rock 3193

I always preferred a bit of a down tilt figuring numb fingers were less of a worry than a floppy dick.

Since getting one on these http://www.sellesmp.com/en/evolution.htm, I find it much more comfortable to ride it level (even slight upward tilt) which has been great for my hands… I highly recommend it, best saddle I’ve ever had.

Has anyone used on of these nose-less seats?

Guy I work with does. Even less of a ‘nose’ than that one pictured. Want me to ask him anything?

Yeah, if you don’t mind.
Why did he choose this saddle? (I guess to avoid erectile issues)

Does lack of noes result in sliding forward/more weight on hands?

Are they much more comfortable than grooved saddles (like the selle SMP of Specialized BG, or anything else he may have ridden)?

I guess what I really want to know is: Is the extra comfort worth the dorky look?

I don’t know about that. I see a LOT of Kennedy bikes with heaps of spacers on the steerer. But I’m sure he must have satisfied customers.

Is that all ‘bike fitting’ is?
Uncomfortable? I’ll add a spacer… still uncomfortable? Here I’ll add another spacer…

+1

and really bad up turned stems and really bad looking saddle positions.

Looks like I’ve been in Sydney for too long.

im not defending him, but ‘you can lead a horse to water… but you cant make them drink.’

meaning the riders got insisted on, fitted for and bought racing bikes and wanted them to feel like hybrids. (hence the raised bars through spacers and stem).

ive noticed the same thing with a lot of weekend warriors on beach road… lack of flexibility/gut means they cant maintain sufficient reach for their height and so end up riding way more upright.

the alternative is a bike with a TT thats about 5cm shorter than the ST, which would probably make a lot of bike builders heads explode.

but thats just my guess…

Some swear by Kennedy, some swear at him.

Kennedy’s idea of a “Custom fit” (at least for the average WW) is to put everyone on an effective 71 degree seat tube angle and sky-high bars. It works if you are an unskilled/weak peddler because the position recruits the big muscle groups and helps you mash big gears and feel like you’re flying. It’s crap for spinners or endurance and at worst compromises bike handling because weight is too far back.

I had a Kennedy fitting a few years ago - cost a fortune and my bod fought and fought his position until I gave up and started paying attention to where it was asking to be.

Kennedy didn’t work for me. Others swear by him.