NYC bike thief justice...

If I caught some one trying to steal my bike, equipped with obvious bike stealing tools (drills, angle grinder, etc), I’d proabably do the same thing.

Fuck thieves.

^ I wouldn’t

you’d watch as they broke your lock and walked away with your bike?

have you actually ever had a bike stolen azz? i have, and let me tell you, if i saw the dude that actually stole it he would have gotten off a LOT worse than the dude in this vid.

i got the bike back in the end, but i still harbour the same hatred for bike theives.

I re-watched it. That dude got off pretty easy. They could’ve wailed on him when he was done, but they warned him instead.

“don’t steal bikes bro”.

no I haven’t but I’m not into or able to do ‘the fighting thing’

i’m as peaceful as the next guy, but there’s no way I’d be standing back while someone stole my bike. I’ve had 2 stolen and it’s absolutely gutting. Bike thieves are cunts and deserve what’s coming to them.

its not fighting, its protecting your “property”

I’ve defused more fights than I’ve ever been in, but there have been times when I’ve stepped up either to protect friends that I know cant fight or to protect property. Its not something I want to do, or that I go out looking for, but if someone wants to be a tough nut, I’ll give them whats coming to them. I’d rather have a black eye and know my friend/bike is ok instead of losing my bike or seeing a friend beat to a pulp.

/tough guy.

It’s easy to write on a forum and say that you’d beat up these bike thieves, but reality can be quite different.

Do you think the courier who filmed the NY incident would have been so confident if he didn’t have two of his buddies with him?

You can’t really predict what would happen if you caught somebody trying to steal your bike. Chances are by the time you figured out what to do, the would be thief would be half way down the street… :expressionless:

beating that guy up ain’t gonna stop him from stealing, he obviously needs the cash, due to the fact that he packs a drill, so I would guess after a good night sleep he would be at it again… he doesn’t want the bike, he wants the cash he can get for selling the bikes to fuel his drug/alchohol/women habit.

the beating was instinctive and i know I wouldnt stand and watch someone rip off my bike either, not saying that it would always result in fisticuffs.

True, your heart races and your fists clench… reality slips away. Quite dangerous in hignsight…
Been there.
Not sure about the typical bike thief, but probably not much different to the rest. Scum of the earth, not just by nature but by living standards too - double glove before you tango. :wink:

PS - 30+ smash and grabs on vehicles in St Kilda West a Tuesday night - One street.

I’ve had one bike stolen… when I was about 9 years old. Since then I’ve wanted to fight every black-and-fluoro-yellow Apollo Cheetah rider I’ve ever seen.

+1 to Moccos.