official tour de france thread.

^The Sky team has a pretty good looking jersey

I’m going this year.

Just got my Tour de France media accreditation sorted, so I’ll be seeing everything from the team presentations in Rotterdam all the way through to the sprint down the Champs Elysees, and every stage in between.

We’ll drive all the stages on race day, and I can talk to and photograph all the riders. Travelling in a group with a Herald Sun cycling journalist, Scott McGrory (Olympic gold medalist/Fox Sports presenter), the CEO of Jaeco or Skilled (can’t remember which), and a bunch of ex pro’s.

It’s going to be amazing!

Pretty sure I’m going to blog it at the domestique website

Is Jens ‘I’m going to tell me legs to shut up then skid on my face’ Voigt riding this year? If so, I’m backing him - sure, he’s not going to win, but he’ll bring the pain and that’s all that really matters.

whoa! blog it here!

i miss the final stage in paris by one day.

bastard work made me change my flights by a couple of days to miss less time.

bastardos.

I’m not really into how they all ride a really deep rim on the back and a deep but as deep rim as the back rim, on the front…

Damn hipsters with there deepV/B43 combos…

Hate the sky jerseys for there look like skin suit styling.

Cancellarra will never win a big tour like the TDF, wouldn’t surprise me if he spends the first week in yellow though. Can’t see anyone competing with contador, should be a good tour.

Can cavendish win green this year?

^ the bottom half of this article was about Cav. Rather interesting:

McEwen Ready For Tour De France | Cyclingnews.com

yeah, ol’ mate wasn’t holding back there at all…

i’m a bit over the holier-than-thou cav bashing… like none of those motherfuckers have ever thrown a hook.

Backing Andy Schleck due to it being a fairly mountainous tour this year,
but Chancellara should take out at least one of the time trials, maybe wiggans can
do some damage there too.

would definitely not say no to one of the sky teams pinarello’s if somehow the planets
aligned and somebody gave me one…

I’m seriously considering buying a new tele this year. Probably set it up in the bike room downstairs in front of the trainer. I find watching pro-tours just make me want to ride more, similar to how martial arts films make you want to go and punch people ;).

richie porte out (disappointed face).

stu o’grady in (kinda happy face).

i reckon the winner this year will not be one of the main 5 or so favourites

just a feeling i get

oh really? i’m intrigued… what are you thinking?

personally, i’m a bit surprised to see cadel dropping off the radar when it comes to favourites. he had a good giro, and will have an even better team come july…

I’ve read a few reports sorta quietly dissing him. I agree, it’s like they’ve forgotten about the Giro, and that he had an under-strength team. I don’t think he should be written off, but that’s just IMHO.

As for the rest, I just dunno.

He will still have an under strength team in the high passes.

i’d rather he had a good vuelta, and prep for the worlds than trying to win the TdF which i think he is undergunned for.

Haussler and Boonen are out. Both due to recurring knee issues.

crap.

ftfy - friends dont let friends get frosted tips