Oh, that's just brilliant

I had this happen just this afternoon, felt so uncomfortable with this thing behind me I went onto the footpath to let him pass. In hindsight I shouldve ridden slower to force him back on the road :S

As a vespa owner and a cyclist, this shared lane suggestion is so bad i can’t believe it’s been put forward. i’m all for cock-blocking vehicles trying to use the bike lane.

and as for gastro, have some gatorade. i saw a mexican doctor prescribe it in a hostel once.

have some powerade. i saw a mexican backpacker prescribe it in a hospital once

Dr Karl and anecdotal evidence suggest that a strong, room temperature glass of cheap diet red cordial is good for upset stomachs/killing bacteria.

Are motorcycles allowed in the bike lanes currently? My closest calls in the motorcycles come from inconsiderate twats on sportbikes swerving in and out of the bike lane. Since I’m not sure if they’re allowed there I don’t say anything.

Isn’t this just Powerade?

(as I sit here drinking a red Powerade. And no, I don’t have gastro).

Powerade isnt cheap, so no its not the same.

i was wondering if you’d comment on the shared lanes, and what you would think of it… as someone who can handle a variety of modes of urban transport very well your opinion is worthwhile.

+1 on the strong gatorade/red cordial. the high sugar content/minerals should play merry hell with the bad bugs in your gut. id recommend the make-your-own gatorade to boost the sweetness.

No, bike lane rules for motorbikes are the same as for cars unfortunately (allowed to use for 50 m for the purpose of pulling over or turning left). When I use the bike lane I go slow (the traffic is standing) and certainly don’t tail gate. This was when I commuted along Tooronga rd, for some reason there were never any cyclists at 9.30 am, maybe the rest of you start work at more normal times.
We can share, no?

HAHAHA

If motorbikes/scooters are allowed in bike lanes they WILL swerve in an out of the lane, depending on if it will get them further ahead.
They WILL enter the bike lane without a head check, resulting in hitting bike riders.
They WILL honk and rev at cyclists ahead of them wanting them to get out of THEIR way and THEIR lane.
Sharing the lane won’t reduce the number of motorcyclists injured on the road.
Sharing the lane will increase the number of injured cyclists.
Sharing the lane will result in scooter riders getting abused by cars to get off the road.
Straight up poop.

Haha, sub 125 cc scooter riders should get off the road. Stupid things. I can’t stand seeing the idiots doing 60 km/h in an 80 zone. They’ve got more disadvantages than a real bike because they can’t even keep up with traffic.

I agree that some motorcyclists would get aggressive if they were legally allowed in bike lanes, much in the same way that some cyclists abuse their legal rights simply because it’s legal.